`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 Leaf Certified FOTG: Hand-written serial number?

2001 Leaf Certified FOTG: Hand-written serial number?
There is currently a John Elway Leaf Certified FOTG Century card on ebay that is serial numbered to 21. However, the serial number on back is hand-written? I have ten FOTG cards of Elway and none of them have a hand-written serial number and I have never seen such of any other player with such. Does anyone know if there were cards made with hand-written serial numbers?

The patch is cool so I'm interested but skeptical. I've asked the seller about it but have not gotten a response yet.
http://photobucket.com/johnelway

Always looking for Elway cards. Especially hard to find parallels and inserts from the '90s, i.e., any Leaf Mirror card or Donruss Elite parallel

RE: 2001 Leaf Certified FOTG: Hand-written serial number?
I have yet to see one.

I HAVE NOT SEEN 1.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

A lot of non-numbered Donruss cards have popped up of Marino lately, I think someone took creative rights.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(02-18-2015, 06:50 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: A lot of non-numbered Donruss cards have popped up of Marino lately, I think someone took creative rights.
+1 on that. I've actually seen one with a foil stamped serial that's not the right font and numbered incorrectly. The seller claims ignorance, but who knows these days. There are some sets that are known to have hand numbering for replacement cards (1998 SP Authentic) but I don't think this one fits the bill.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(02-19-2015, 03:48 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: +1 on that. I've actually seen one with a foil stamped serial that's not the right font and numbered incorrectly. The seller claims ignorance, but who knows these days. There are some sets that are known to have hand numbering for replacement cards (1998 SP Authentic) but I don't think this one fits the bill.
Donruss replacements typically had a different numbering than the in pack ones. I always thought it was weird, and it is such a rare occurrence that I don't even have a photo example

(02-19-2015, 07:24 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Donruss replacements typically had a different numbering than the in pack ones. I always thought it was weird, and it is such a rare occurrence that I don't even have a photo example
So you mean a different font AND #'d to a different number? If so that means the card I was describing could be real... It's an autographed Steve Young card and the auto is for sure real.

#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(02-20-2015, 04:31 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: So you mean a different font AND #'d to a different number? If so that means the card I was describing could be real... It's an autographed Steve Young card and the auto is for sure real.
If one would send in Steve Young 21/100... they would replace with 21/100.... Also need to check the "Authentic Auto" stamps too. A lot of weird charity event releases with early Donruss stuff.