`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What box should I get?

What box should I get?
i just recently started collecting cards again, just spent a few hundred dollars on singles cards on eBay. I wanna try out a box. I've never bought one before, and started buying singles off of eBay because I never got lucky buying packs. It's between 2014 topps chrome, 2014 topps strata, and 2014 topps platinum. There all within a price range is like to pay on eBay. There's only 1 hit in topps chrome, so I'm leaning more towards the other two that have 3 hits each. Which one would you guys recommend?

RE: What box should I get?
Chrome would be my pick.

From what I'm hearing from most people that have bought hobby chrome, the value just isn't there. I haven't opened either of the other products though. Good luck with whatever you choose!

I went with the topps platinum, it was the more expensive of the three, but I liked that it was 3 hits. Chrome was the cheapest, but as you said doesn't seem like much value with only 1 hit.

(02-08-2015, 12:48 AM)eaglesyankees513 Wrote: I went with the topps platinum, it was the more expensive of the three, but I liked that it was 3 hits. Chrome was the cheapest, but as you said doesn't seem like much value with only 1 hit.
Ditto. I have purchased a few of both Platinum and Chrome retail, with MUCH greater success from the Platinum.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

I vote for Strata but I'm kinda biased because it's one of my favorite sets.
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)

of those three, I'd pick Platinum - the base cards are nice looking and its three autographs - two of which will be on card which is a major plus.

Base Topps jumbo boxes are also pretty decent buys generally in that price range. Its two autographs and a rookie patch.

And good move considering only Topps products and not Panini - Panini's products have been brutal this year.

Thanks for all your input. Went with the platinum. Just got it today. Pulled a Kelvin Benjamin patch auto numbered to 125. A KaDeem Carey auto numbered to 99, and an auto of someone I never heard of lol. Really like the kelvin, not a high value, but it's a nice card.

I just bought a box of 2009 Donruss elite, and a box of 2014 panini certified. Has panini really been that bad? Should I have picked a different option. It's was either between that or '14 spx.