`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Topps Made Me Sick!!!!

2015 Topps Made Me Sick!!!!
So last week I got my tax return and was gonna place an order on Blowout. My buddy at asked me to order him a box as well as he hasn't opened anything in years so he wanted to try some 2015 Topps. So I ordered 2 jumbos. One for me and one for him.

So the order comes in and I send him a pic of the 2 jumbos inside the shipping box and asked him to choose which one he wanted(I didn't want to touch them or lift them cause I'm very superstitious and whatnot) left the decision all up to him. So he picked and I opened my box the other night. Got a Sale AU and Kershaw jersey as my main hits(still sifting through for SPs)

Well my buddy finally opened his box at work today. When I saw his last 2 packs, I could feel myself turning green! It was exactly what I feared! An AMAZING box!!!

Look at this.....

Harper Photo Variation and.......drumroll........ TROUT AU!!!! Unbelievable!!!!
[Image: 20150206_101533_zps1wgclk6k.jpg]
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

RE: 2015 Topps Made Me Sick!!!!
Ouch! Haha. At least it's a buddy and not some random at the LCS or something. Still hurts though
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

petillo64- I did have that same thought! He's a great guy and have known him for years. So I would rather him than a random or one of those LCS poachers who sees your box stunk so they take the other and get the BOOM. I've been there!

I once opened up 16 packs of a fresh bowman hobby box... (My LCS cuts great deals for regulars who buy packs in bulk...) Didnt pull an auto. A guy watched me open my last pack and not pull an auto. He raced over and grabbed the remainders before I could. Pulled a gregory polanco gold auto. Had to leave the store ASAP lol.

Always a shot your buddy will trade you the trout. Or you may have gotten him back into the swing of the hobby with that box which would be cool!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I kinda hope he gets back in. He always asks what I've gotten lately and stuff. I make it a point to tell him when I order in case he wants in.

As for being poached, had that done to me multiple times. But I'll be honest I did do it once to a nice result. Guy I used to trade with was getting some 2009 UD Ballpark Collection. He bought 2 mini boxes. Nothing. Tried one more. Nothing. He didn't want to waste another $50 on the last mini box knowing his luck that day. So I said I'd take it. Got one of my favorite pulls ever! A 500 HR Club Quad Jersey Jackson/Griffey/Thome/Robinson /15!

Like Dominic said, at least it was your buddy that got the Trout ... And tell your pal that you'll accept that card as payment for his box Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

ouch...been there...so i feel your pain...maybe you'll end up with a decent SP

i dont have any cardshops near to be honest which sucks within like 1 hr. i always have to buy online or go blaster and rack pack route.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

Can I get your buddy's number so I can have him pick out a box for me? LOL.

Seriously though. Like everyone else has said, it's cool that he got it and not some stranger.

+1 to what everyone else said. If this doesn't get your buddy back into the hobby, what will?