`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Black History Month

Black History Month
February is Black History Month. There are 41 members of the Hall of Fame that appeared in the Negro Leagues. I collect Hall of Famers so they are all represented in my collection. Here are some random cards of each Negro League player inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Feel free to post your own.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Black History Month
Great thread! We don't have too many but we do have these.
[Image: hpqscan0001_zpsc4c87bed_1.jpg]
[Image: banks%20auto_zpslce4qkm4.jpg]
[Image: cool%20papa%20bell%20auto_zpsedmkjutf.jpg]
[Image: hpqscan0020_zps99c275f4.jpg]
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

oh man, that cool papa bell auto....

This is the only one I have as of now. But it is nice
[Image: Ryan%20Milledge_zpsthyedlbp.jpg]

Can you imagine the league without all of these players, wow. Lets hope some day there is no prejudice.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

Did you know that from when Jackie Robinson broke the color line back in 1947 up through 1969, 16 of the 23 NL MVPs were men of color? That's almost 70%.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

"Cool" Cool Papa's guy's! Satchell an original Zep? (doesn't really matter...great card either way). Thanks for starting this and sharing some nice stuff. Onward and upward!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

If anyone is interested in reading books on baseball history, I highly recommend reading "The Soul of Baseball: A Road Trip Through Buck O'Neil's America." Buck O'Neil played for the Kansas City Monarchs, but later coached the Cubs.

Quite possibly one of the top five baseball books I have ever read.

(02-03-2015, 08:55 PM)cubhawk49 Wrote: If anyone is interested in reading books on baseball history, I highly recommend reading "The Soul of Baseball: A Road Trip Through Buck O'Neil's America." Buck O'Neil played for the Kansas City Monarchs, but later coached the Cubs.

Quite possibly one of the top five baseball books I have ever read.
I rewatched Ken Burn's Baseball about 6 months ago and without a doubt my favourite parts are just listening to Buck tell his stories. If you go on youtube and search his name you can find more interviews.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(02-03-2015, 08:29 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: "Cool" Cool Papa's guy's! Satchell an original Zep? (doesn't really matter...great card either way). Thanks for starting this and sharing some nice stuff. Onward and upward!
Yes. All cards are the originals except for some of the 2012 Panini Cooperstown cards which were my own creation.