`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: is it better to keep cards in the original package or separate them
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
leave in organially package
75.00%
12 75.00%
seperate
25.00%
4 25.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOX SETS

BOX SETS
I buy sets of cards and keep them in their original packages...I am wondering am i better off opening them and separating the cards..if down the road i or my kids may want to sell them...

RE: BOX SETS
Hmmmm...I voted seperate/open. You never know what you may have in there as extras! This is coming from somebody though who can't even get in thier front door before they start rippen....LOL. Seriously, with all of the box sets on the market each year, unless a special or high end set, not sure that keeping them sealed will produce a great windfall. But what do I know.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-02-2015, 05:04 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Hmmmm...I voted seperate/open. You never know what you may have in there as extras! This is coming from somebody though who can't even get in thier front door before they start rippen....LOL. Seriously, with all of the box sets on the market each year, unless a special or high end set, not sure that keeping them sealed will produce a great windfall. But what do I know.........
Great comment! I have several sets from Topps with bonus cards I want to take out, but so far I've kept them sealed. I voted keep sealed, but you never, never know. hahahaha. Usually when I pick up Blasters they get opened in the parking Lot!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

I started buying Topps factory sets when my son was born in 1994 and have bought one each year since. I leave them sealed. I figured when I am gone he can do what he wants with them.

Leave in package. Original is always better.

(02-02-2015, 07:25 PM)cspen Wrote: I started buying Topps factory sets when my son was born in 1994 and have bought one each year since. I leave them sealed. I figured when I am gone he can do what he wants with them.
Exception to the opening rule! That's awesome and something I recommend to anybody that asks.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Keep them seal.

I'd leave them sealed if your plan is to trade/sell these sets later.

i remember back when UD made factory sets in 1989 and my buddy opened his up so he could see the Griffey RC.... worst cut cards i've ever seen. The griffey was actually cut down the middle, as was most of the "sealed" set. UD did issue him a replacement after about 10 letters.

Thanks everyone for your reply...I think i will leave them sealed then...I have Topps series 1-3 sets for the last five years. and about 24 sealed packs from different years and i have about 11,000 individual cards that i am slowly putting into top loaders as i get the money...