`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Locating 2 Rookie Buybacks in OPG

Help Locating 2 Rookie Buybacks in OPG
I pulled these two cards from either Topps Heritage or Topps Archives a little while back. The packs I got them from were either 2013 or 2014. At the time, I was able to find them in the OPG and add them to my ORG. I believe they were called "Rookie Buybacks" or something like that. A couple months ago I completely deleted everything from my ORG to re-organize everything.

Now that I came across them to add them back to my ORG, I can't seem to find them. Can anyone see if they can find them in the search and post me the link to the cards so that I can re-add them? I apologize in advance for the crappy lighting in the photos and sideways photos. All I have to work with for the time being lol. I appreciate any kind of help.

[Image: E866BA3A-477A-4F2F-B69B-22B642DF45CF_zps5e2fkhfh.jpg]

[Image: C67DB701-E5C3-4C7A-B9FB-1E1C87916EA2_zpssjlzrone.jpg]

[Image: E3EFEF5C-3885-446B-9A1F-2F56E32039F1_zpsnbj7kmjq.jpg]

[Image: 524339C2-8E34-4898-853A-244BBB1DC184_zps6pqsfyaj.jpg]

RE: Help Locating 2 Rookie Buybacks in OPG
The last buyback I find in OPG is 2013 Topps Heritage..but there are never any prices...

I have mine sitting around to add to ORG as well...

Should look for the original OPG listing of the cards and just add those? Or does the new Topps stamp screw up the pricing for cards received like this?

I don't think they are Heritage Buybacks they had a stamped logo that looked like this:

[Image: Bill-Monbouquette.jpg?id=532f389c-3131-4...&size=zoom]

I think those were inserted in flagship this year. The ones I pulled (and I have 1 or two left) I usually put in as extras if my partner is a collector or fan of that team.
I don't believe they are in OPG as it wasn't a certain set reissued, but a random assortment of Vintage they had laying around.

Here is a thread about these cards (totally remember it, even that DrMitch started it)

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-156...ht=buyback
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Your two cards are from the 2014 Topps buybacks put into packs. I think because of the sheer volume of cards there is no way for Beckett, or anyone, to properly catalog every card Topps inserted.

Your Priddy is a good variation and I would love to trade for it

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

(02-02-2015, 09:41 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Here is a thread about these cards (totally remember it, even that DrMitch started it)

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-156...ht=buyback
That was a pretty interesting thread. I have to agree with Doc in that I think that the buyback program as it is kinda sucks.

(02-02-2015, 10:30 AM)richk Wrote: Your Priddy is a good variation and I would love to trade for it
Rich, yea I'd be up for trading it off. Using what a couple of folks said in Doc's thread that was shared above, I added the card to my ORG and is available for trade.

I had to do a bit of outside research on the card because there is a "variation" of sorts on this card. There is a #26A and a #26B. The #26A says "Bob Priddy NTR", and the #26B says "Bob Priddy TR". I had no clue (and still kind of don't know for sure) what the "NTR" and "TR" really stand for or mean, but from what I gather it has something to do with a trade or a trade line.

Looking at images online, the NTR card (the one I have, #26A) has his team on the back as San Francisco Giants. The TR card (#26B) has his team as the Washington Senators.

I added it to my ORG, but I did not mess with the condition of the card because I wouldn't even know how to begin gauging that. To me personally, I think it looks pretty dang good for a '60s card. But... I have no clue about cards from that time period.

The Tr version says he was traded to the Senators under his short career summary on the last line. The NTR does not have it.