`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Willy 'The Dupe' Dipkin (think billy Ripken)

RE: Willy 'The Dupe' Dipkin (think billy Ripken)
I hadnt noticed bart in the stands in the back
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(01-27-2015, 11:52 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I hadnt noticed bart in the stands in the back
That's the comic genius of Matt Groening!
If you read the back of the card, there are 2 incidents where a "spiky-haired culprit" wrote FLUTE FACE on Willy's flute and FISH FACE on the bat knob ... I wonder where he is? D'oh!
(01-26-2015, 07:56 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Sorry...had to read the card again......and started really laughing out loud (really easy to amuse)

Great idea on the 1/1 knob card (glad your putting it in GQ also!)
The card always cracks me up!

Yes, I assigned the Bat Knob to GQ since it's one of the best product lines. Next year, buying GQ and not A&G ....unless A&G changes the hit count.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

This card is awesome! Thanks for sharing this.

hah love it, didn't even know these existed. was there a run of simpsons cards? i'm sure there were because the early 90s was simpsons everything.

(01-28-2015, 09:36 AM)rentzington Wrote: hah love it, didn't even know these existed. was there a run of simpsons cards? i'm sure there were because the early 90s was simpsons everything.
As far as I know, this was only available as a Promo Card (for a Skybox Simpsons card set) that was given away in a Diamond Previews distributor magazine. Seeing the original Ripken card 4-5 years prior to this promo, I was laughing uncontrollably. Others at the comic shop were looking at me quizzically.Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.