`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refractor Peel Dilemna 97-98 Finest bgs10 Duncan

Refractor Peel Dilemna 97-98 Finest bgs10 Duncan
Hello Everybody! Please help me figure out what to do. I submitted a 97-98 Finest Bronze refractor Tim Duncan with peel. I have submitted many cards and understand that bgs is much more strict than psa when it comes to peels. Anyways, I kept the peel on and submitted a Raw Grade Review for it and it came back with 3x10's and an 8 for surface because I requested a sub grade to help decide with the peel. Very hard grade for this card, so I am left with resubmitting and hoping for a sub bump to get a 9.5 with peel which is incredibly rare, or asking if they are able to peel for me to get a bgs10 without the peel. Chime in and let me know what you would do! Thanks!

RE: Refractor Peel Dilemna 97-98 Finest bgs10 Duncan
I would probably peel and resubmit, Beckett will not peel for you.

I believe the surface grade would have to grade out at at least a 9 for the overall grade to be a 9.5. Even if surface bumped to an 8.5, I think the overall grade would still be a 9.

Peel it.... Carefully!
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Do you have a picture of the card? If the surface grade is reduced due to scratches or slight lifting of the peel then there's really nothing you can do. If it's an air bubble you 'may' be able to push it out with gentle force, and sometimes minor scuffs are actually surface residue which can be carefully buffed out. If it's not either of these, then carefully remove the peel and resubmit it (as stated, Beckett will not due this for you).

There are threads for how to do this elsewhere, but if there is any prior lifting of the peel start there. If not, then a sewing needle (and caution) to get one corner started.
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)

(01-18-2015, 08:00 PM)carrollm09 Wrote: If it's an air bubble you 'may' be able to push it out with gentle force

Keep in mind that the peel was never intended to stay on the card and over time the peel may bubble and start to naturally peel off.

This is according to Beckett.

If it's bubbling that's all the more reason to peel it off imo.

I will post up pics tonight. It's the regular small sparatic bubbles on the surface that nearly every bronze card has. The unpeeled cards are more rare and valuable so I chase those first!