`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on buying vintage stuff

Question on buying vintage stuff
If I was going too buy a BVG graded card. Do I need at least a 5 or 6 grade? That is to get a card that is excellent or better.

RE: Question on buying vintage stuff
A 5 is excellent in BVG (BGS' s vintage grading), PSA or SGC. SGC will also have a grade of 60 on it. That's their grade equivalent to a 5. It will read SGC 60 and have a 5 underneath it, unless it had been graded a really long time ago.

Ok thanks. I am thinking about getting some vintage stuff. Some of it is very expensive. I was just trying too get some without spending a huge amount.

I've been able to get some really good deals going the ungraded route. I might get them graded eventually, but since they're all PC I'm not too worried it at this point. That could be another route to look into - especially if it's not a player that's highly forged (i.e. Mantle).
Kepler

If your looking for a way to get great graded vintage and find some great deals, let me know. I have a friend that deals strictly in graded vintage and does amazing volume. He's an extremely reputable ebay dealer and has an amazing lay away program. He sells outside of ebay as well obviously, but if your looking for references, I believe he has over 10,000 ebay sales with a 100% approval rating. He sells anything from $60 cards to $6000 cards, all graded. Usually you can find premier cards in all different grades on his site. But, 20% down buys you six months to pay off your card or cards, depending on what you think you can handle. Most of what he sells is hall of famers and major stars.

Yes I was thinking of some early Bob Gibson cards. Not the Rookie card like 1960's stuff.
(01-16-2015, 11:15 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: If your looking for a way to get great graded vintage and find some great deals, let me know. I have a friend that deals strictly in graded vintage and does amazing volume. He's an extremely reputable ebay dealer and has an amazing lay away program. He sells outside of ebay as well obviously, but if your looking for references, I believe he has over 10,000 ebay sales with a 100% approval rating. He sells anything from $60 cards to $6000 cards, all graded. Usually you can find premier cards in all different grades on his site. But, 20% down buys you six months to pay off your card or cards, depending on what you think you can handle. Most of what he sells is hall of famers and major stars.

Yes I'm interested thanks.

(01-16-2015, 09:34 PM)stwainfan Wrote: If I was going to buy a BVG graded card. Do I need at least a 5 or 6 grade? That is to get a card that is excellent or better.
I have a friend that doesn't buy lower than a BVG 8.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!