Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future first ballot HOF players

RE: Future first ballot HOF players
"I would guess Chipper, but by the skin of his teeth"

one of the four best switch hitters in mlb history. , id say i would wager 100 dollars of bv of cards worth 5 dollars of more each that chipper gets at least 90% of the vote on first ballot

Jones has won an MVP and has accumulated over 2,600 hits and nearly 500 home runs. His career batting average is .304 from the left side and .304 from the right, a testament to just how consistently great he has been for the Braves.

Chipper Jones, 1 mvp, 5 other top 10 finishes and twice finished 11th. 50th in WAR among all MLB players ever, 45th in runs scored, 58th in hits, 29th in total bases, 27th in Doubles, 32nd in Homeruns, 31rst in RBI's, 16th in Walks. If not for injuries he would be very close to both the 3000 hit and 500 homerun club (2726 hits and 468 homeruns). Should be a first ballot HOF'er.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

Chippers in first ballot. Who do you consider the greatest switch hitter of all time? I know my answer and his last name isn't Mantle.

There are four that I count that are great. Chipper, Mantle, Murray and Rose. I think Mantle is the best switch hitter but Chipper and Rose are a toss up for second.

Kinda hard for me to say Mantle is better than the all time hits leader (and he has Mantle by nearly 2000 hits), Charlie Hustle. I have Mantle at number 3 on my list, behind Eddie Murray.

rose was a compiler, and a great singles hitter. murray, chipper and mantle are all better overall hitters
(murray was a compiler too)

Pete Rose had a higher career batting average over Mantle and he played far longer. Mantle retired at 36 and was done around 31. He had a decent year age 32, but that was it. Rose had one year batting under .300 in those years/ages and it was like .284. He had 3 seasons after the age of 36 hitting well above .300 (I'm not going to count his short season where he batted .365) and a bunch right around .280 I believe. He was a compiler, it just happens to be of hits. Murray had less power but a longer career, more hits and more rbi than Mantle. That's why he's #2 on my list.

Griffey and Mo for sure!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

Agreed with all this! The only one im not sure of is Vizquel although I believe he is close.

Chipper is a dead lock, people loved him he is a 1st ballot as well as Mariano.

(01-07-2015, 11:42 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: http://baseballhall.org/hall-of-famers/f...-eligibles

lets start with the list:

2016: griffey, hoffman are the only possibles, griffey probably only one making it
2017: no definite 1st ballot guys. vlad, manny both are borderline. manny will be hurt by his steroid suspensions with the dodgers.
2018: chipper, vizquel, thome are on possibilities. chipper i think is the only lock. thome has big numbers, but they are a bit compiled, and he was never considered among the best. time at dh will hurt as well. vizquel will likely get in within 5 years, but if ozzie smith is in, vizquel should be. but most likely not happening first ballot
2019: halladay, helton, mariano, pettitte. pettitte wont get in on first ballot due to admission of steroid use. helton wont get in on first ballot due to playing in colorado. halladay had a great peak, but it didnt last long enough. mariano is the only probable first ballot guy, and due to folks having a bias aganst closers, isnt a mortal lock. but he should be...the best to ever play at a position should be a first ballot guy
2020: jeter: duh. but shoutout to my boy kevin youkilis (YOUKBACCA!)
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s