`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2013 Topps Chipz Box

RE: 2013 Topps Chipz Box
(01-05-2015, 09:24 PM)scollignon Wrote: Nice! I bought a box a little while back...opening a full box gets a little boring, especially in one sitting. I pulled a few Cubbies for my PC, threw a couple magnets on the fridge, and the rest are in my Org FT. I have the Posey and Halladay, no Lee though.
I didn't find it that boring, as I like opening packs and there tended to be at least one insert (silver, gold, glow, or magnet) in each pack, which kept me paying attention to each chip. Once I find the packs I opened last year and see if which ones I still need I will definitely look to do a trade.
(01-05-2015, 08:49 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I agree 100% DJohn.....2014 really killed a collecting experience, especially for me and my girls as the set is now way too expansive. Funny, but we never saw them this summer at Target or Wal-Mart. For 2013, we would grab a pack or two each and along with the stamp books work on collecting the sets. As with everything, once the season was over it got put on the back burner. Hope we can get a couple of boxes and complete at least 1 set.

Corbin21 completed a base set and had a cool secure way of displaying them in a binder with coin holders......life is busy but I'll try to find what he sent me via email and forward it along.
I would love to see how he has them displayed. I tend to just store my sets away, as I don't have that much room to display them. I was going to get some chip tubes (as I remember having some for POGs back in the mid 90s, that I am pretty sure will hold the chips).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-02-2015, 11:39 PM)djohn Wrote: I picked up a box of 2013 Topps Chipz during Black Friday sales and I finally got around to opening it. I am going to try to put together the base set, not sure if I need anymore yet as the chips aren't numbered so I have to go through them alphabetically. Here are the inserts I got:

Gold: Posey, Darvish, Cliff Lee, Cain, Lincecum, Reddick, Longoria, Halladay, Morse, Beltran, Andrus, Motte, Napoli, Lawrie
Silver: Bryce Harper, Gio Gonzalez, Freese, Alvarez, Street, Arencibia, Michael Young, Price, Papelbon
Glow In the Dark: Hanrahan, Swisher, Rollins, Kinsler, Shields, Sandoval, Zobrist Nelson Cruz, BJ Upton, Beltre, Zimmerman, Josh Hamilton, Lester, Bautista, Cespedes
Magnetic: Jeter, Rasmus, Neftali Feliz, Strasburg, Bumgarner, Pujols, McCutchen, Yadier Molina, Felix Hernandez

Overall I am happy with the box, and will probably put all the inserts up for trade. The one thing I noticed is that Beckett's pricing for the Silver and Gold seems to be swapped (or people are paying more for the gold even though the odds are tougher for the silver). The Silver are 1:4 packs and the Gold are 1:3 packs, yet the golds have higher book values than the silvers.
I finished sorting and it looks like I am 3 chips shy of the set. I am missing Cliff Lee, Roy Halladay, and Buster Posey. I got parallels of each of them, so I have placeholders for now. I know I bought 2 packs of these a year ago and I remember pulling either Lee or Halladay, so now I just need to find them and see which ones I got. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I managed to pull all 3 previously. Otherwise I will be looking to trade to finish off the set.
I have the Posey , any xtra Mariners
Seahawks & Mariners collector, some older Steelers from the 70s.
Bradshaw,Lambert,Harris,Webster,Blount.
Bucket : Http//Confused374.photobucket.com/user/509blackfeet

I bought a couple of boxes of 2013 Chipz. Found a web site that sells baseball and coin supplies. Purchased plastic pages and holders to display my chipz in a binder. The pages were meant to hold silver dollars. Actually it works pretty well.
[Image: Chipz_zps4a462f92.jpg]

(01-10-2015, 05:37 AM)Hawks509Mariners Wrote: I have the Posey , any xtra Mariners
The only extras I have are the parallels.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Let me know if you still need the Halladay or the Lee.