`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Press Pass Is All Done

RE: Press Pass Is All Done
Has your Local Store Sold out of Press Pass Racing Blaster Boxes-from Charlotte,N.C.

MINE is but they always go qucik
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

My small little bedroom community Walmart rarely has much Press Pass to begin with...mostly gaming cards in the section. But I've yet to check out any of the 6 Walmarts or the Target in Springfield to see if they still have any.

As for singles, any ideas what this will do to values? My educated guess says there will be a dip in values at first with some folks panicking and selling off their collections. But should another company not pick up the NASCAR license for a while? Well, I believe that would definitely help our values...though that is not my hope. We need a company to step up!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

my guess is values will do almost nothing for awhile. Some of the more recent drivers might see an increase. Not just chase elliott. But also ryan reed whos only autographs were in the retail version of cup chase. Making total number to jut a few hundred but thats still a lot. The rarest non cut autograph still is shane huffman with just 25
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

(01-03-2015, 09:56 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: my guess is values will do almost nothing for awhile. Some of the more recent drivers might see an increase.
I completely agree. I don't think we'll see a change in values for several months. Although, if a bunch of collector's really do sell off their collections, we may see a dip sooner b/c of the influx of cards back on the market. I think the card stores/websites will raise their prices though knowing that there will be no new products released anytime soon. If people still want them, they'll have to pay more for singles, packs and boxes.
I still don't know why I am hearing so many collectors' say they are going to sell off everything. Sounds completely stupid to me. I am going to be positive and think of it as extra time to acquire cards I have yet to add to my PC. I can finally gain ground on the percentage of total cards I have for any of my drivers. Always seemed before that every time I added a significant number of cards to my PC, a new release came out and negated the ones I added.
What I REALLY want to know is what PP will do with their current inventory! I really hope they trash all of the cards they were holding as replacement cards. Not ALL cards, but all of the AU, RU, serial #'d cards that weren't meant to be in circulation.

(01-04-2015, 12:04 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: I completely agree. I don't think we'll see a change in values for several months. Although, if a bunch of collector's really do sell off their collections, we may see a dip sooner b/c of the influx of cards back on the market. I think the card stores/websites will raise their prices though knowing that there will be no new products released anytime soon. If people still want them, they'll have to pay more for singles, packs and boxes.
I still don't know why I am hearing so many collectors' say they are going to sell off everything. Sounds completely stupid to me. I am going to be positive and think of it as extra time to acquire cards I have yet to add to my PC. I can finally gain ground on the percentage of total cards I have for any of my drivers. Always seemed before that every time I added a significant number of cards to my PC, a new release came out and negated the ones I added.
What I REALLY want to know is what PP will do with their current inventory! I really hope they trash all of the cards they were holding as replacement cards. Not ALL cards, but all of the AU, RU, serial #'d cards that weren't meant to be in circulation.
Adam I'm with you I have zero plans of selling off anything. If anything I would think they would be great to have because of nothing new comming out for some time. I am not talking about $ value but more of a memory type thing ( for non PC stuff , Newman will be with me forever!).

[Image: OKimtze.png]

It is official!

We’re disappointed to announce that Press Pass, Inc. is closing the day to day operations, effective immediately. Accounting and legal resources are in place to conduct a reasonable closure of the business should that be the end result.

We are very thankful for the years of support from all of our customers and consumers. Over the past 22 years we’ve strived to produce compelling products that serve the interests of our end consumers. While it has not always been perfect, we have truly enjoyed our successes, and the relationships we’ve built with so many who share our passion for trading cards. Our hope now is that our paths will cross again soon.

Warmest Regards,

The Press Pass Staff

Hey guys, I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I've been busy with family and work the past month, so I haven't been around much...

As for this, I have a few things to say.

First, I always thought Press Pass brought the best value to boxes from a pure card design and look...however, it hasn't gone unnoticed by me that this value has really diminished over the past couple of years. Truth be told, I've really soured on PP over the past two years, opening boxes that have small sheet metal piece cards as the hits in expensive boxes (Showcase, for one), and while products like TM, Ignite, Redline, and Fan Fare all had multiple hits and some nice cards, those products were no where near the releases they should have been. And if anyone thinks that that Five Star was worth of the $600+ price tag, please stand up...

That said, I still loved breaking NASCAR boxes, and I always appreciated that PP realized that binder sheets hold nine cards...it makes collecting base sets and insert sets that much more appealing when the set ends on something divisible by nine...the KISS sets were absolutely meant to be in binders, and they were and are awesome sets.

But, of course, that only goes so far...

Well, while this news makes me sad, the silver lining for me is that it appears there will be a bunch of collectors dumping a bunch of stuff, and I'll be able to fill in the holes in some of the stuff I'm collecting. What is does to the sell value of the things I'd like to move...I guess we shall see, but I'm not going to list anything until the 2015 season is in full swing and there is some market to be filled...

I would doubt that there will be a vacancy for long, as Upper Deck needs another something to produce, and having been there before, they would be my guess as the leading contender to put out some NASCAR stuff in 2015...I would say look for 2015 UD Road to the Cup in August...

I'm guessing that Press Pass didn't have anything in the production stream, and they really didn't do an inventory dump...I wonder what kind of asset sale they will be looking to do...

Well, bummer...but, so it goes...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

I've been wondering about an asset sale too!!! I really hope we hear that another card company buys the assets. I don't really care if they buy the brand names, but the memorabilia and remaining cards in the inventory. That would be a good sign that someone else wants to try to make some NASCAR product.
As long as it's not Topps!!! They drove me away from baseball AND football cards. I started my collection with MLB cards so I hated not having new stuff that I was happy to buy. Then again, Topps is the reason my NASCAR collection has grown so much the past few years.
I never would have thought 12 years ago when I started collecting Jimmie that the collection would surpass my Ozzie Smith collection that has been going since the late 1980's. Here we are now: JJ = 930 cards to OS = 605 cards. I also have more non-card items of JJ than Ozzie, but that isn't really a surprise.

I just heard about Press Pass closing it's doors. I haven't collected nascar except some Kyle Busch stuff for my personal collection recently been focusing on other sports. But I hope whatever company does start producing racing cards at least keeps on card autos going. One thing I have learned from picking up cards from the other sports is that mostly everything out their are sticker autos. Racing was one of the sports that it's autograph were still on card autos.