`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Buying on COMC

RE: Buying on COMC
I buy quite a bit on COMC. I started out doing so when trying to complete a master set but continue to buy various cards I like if they are priced right. If you aren't in a hurry to get the cards in hand, I recommend waiting to request shipping. They seem to do at least one free shipping event per year. Usually always around black Friday and this year they have another one going right now. This way you save the $3 flat shipping fee.

(12-26-2014, 11:28 AM)richk Wrote: Since I am on COMC and allow my cards to be on Amazon (automatic 20 percent). I almost always accept 20 percent off.

WIth the boxing day free shipping today and the sale going on through the end of the year; it's a great time to look to buy on that site
the one downside though is many of the bigger sellers jack up their "regular" price before setting up a promotion

ALWAYS check "see other sellers" if you want to compare pricing before buying.

(12-26-2014, 01:11 PM)rentzington Wrote: the one downside though is many of the bigger sellers jack up their "regular" price before setting up a promotion

ALWAYS check "see other sellers" if you want to compare pricing before buying.
Agreed. That is one thing I cannot stand. See a 75% off sale and then common autos listed for $30 and selling for $7.50. Although, the good thing about these, is that on occasion you can find a card they didn't mark up for an absolute steal
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I do buy there to finish sets. I never had any problem and try to take advantage of the shipping. Also, had some good PC Card pickups at great prices.

I assume you mean incosistencies between the pictured card and the description??? It has been going on since comc and beckett had their issues.

Ive only had one problem with comc but I have ordered many times from them. My issue was because they didnt update my shipping address on time and sent the package to the wrong place and got lost somewhere. I was refunded around 400$ and given 10 store credit.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Wow. Some really good info, and I'm glad that it seems like everyone is on the same page when it comes to recommending tips. I will have to get back on here later to ask some other questions in the thread that some of your specific replies brought up.

But one generalized question I have is the concern I have about getting a faked card, or even a faked auto. I've read some pretty sketchy stuff about people winding up with fake cards from ebay, and was wondering if the chances of that happening through COMC is mitigated at all, or if your taking the same risk.

What is everyone's take on this when it comes to COMC?

(12-26-2014, 05:56 PM)StedmanRecon Wrote: Wow. Some really good info, and I'm glad that it seems like everyone is on the same page when it comes to recommending tips. I will have to get back on here later to ask some other questions in the thread that some of your specific replies brought up.

But one generalized question I have is the concern I have about getting a faked card, or even a faked auto. I've read some pretty sketchy stuff about people winding up with fake cards from ebay, and was wondering if the chances of that happening through COMC is mitigated at all, or if your taking the same risk.

you could get a fake anywhere. unless it's authenticated and graded who knows.

I'd say it's usually a safe bet the more recent stuff is legit if not it's going to look really off (like some of these fake mem cards on ebay)

now with vintage, it's anyone's guess. if you are buying high end vintage i'd spend extra on graded ones

(12-26-2014, 05:56 PM)StedmanRecon Wrote: Wow. Some really good info, and I'm glad that it seems like everyone is on the same page when it comes to recommending tips. I will have to get back on here later to ask some other questions in the thread that some of your specific replies brought up.

The return policy with COMC is pretty lenient and the customer service department is known for the effort they put forth when issues arise.

All autographs on COMC either come directly from trading card companies or must be authenticated by PSA/DNA or JSA.

Hopefully, this string of replies I will be making after my response to HOF below doesn't get to be too long. I am on some other non-baseball related forums, and usually I see a link that allows me to reply to multiple posts at one time, in one post. Couldn't find anything like that here, even though I have seen a post here and there that someone has done something similar. Didn't know if it was just folks copy and pasting to include the other person's post.

(12-26-2014, 09:24 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: I dont typically buy online. What sets are you looking to complete?
As you might have been able to see from some other posts, I am trying to complete the following:

1- 2014 Bowman Platinum (Base, Prospects, Cutting Edge Stars,)
2- 2013 Bowman Platinum (Base and Prospects)
3- 2013 Allen & Ginter (Base, Mini, Mini A & G Back, Across the Years)

(12-26-2014, 09:46 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm probably one of the few that's had virtually good luck across the board from my online buys - COMC, Ebay, SportLots, etc.

My advice for COMC is to take full advantage of the shipping. Free for Boxing Day, $3 flat most other days, I believe. And pull up scans of individual cards if you're concerned at all about condition. Sometimes better to pay a few cents more for better condition.
I just briefly pulled up the SportLots website and looked at one or two things. Is that website similar in that the card owner sends the cards to SportLots, who auctions them off for the card owner? Or is it just an ebay for card collectors, and the card owner gets on there and auctions and ships the cards themselves?

Anyone else reading this post have good/bad experience with this site?

(12-26-2014, 10:49 AM)petillo64 Wrote: Also, definitely use the offer tool. Even if it is a .40 offer on a .50 cent card, the savings add up and many sellers have it set to auto accept at a certain %
Great sounding tip. I will for sure have to make use of that.

(12-26-2014, 11:28 AM)richk Wrote: Since I am on COMC and allow my cards to be on Amazon (automatic 20 percent). I almost always accept 20 percent off.
What would I search for if I was looking to find what you have listed, or a particular seller, on COMC? Like, a store or user name or something. Anyone else from here that sells on there, I'd like to see what you have listed on there as well.
(12-26-2014, 05:50 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I assume you mean incosistencies between the pictured card and the description??? It has been going on since comc and beckett had their issues.

Ive only had one problem with comc but I have ordered many times from them. My issue was because they didnt update my shipping address on time and sent the package to the wrong place and got lost somewhere. I was refunded around 400$ and given 10 store credit.
Yes, that is exactly what I was meaning. I was concerned that the way they were describing a card meant that it was something completely different than I was thinking that it was. I'm glad you said that. And glad to hear that they seem to want to make things right.

(12-27-2014, 12:48 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: The return policy with COMC is pretty lenient and the customer service department is known for the effort they put forth when issues arise.

All autographs on COMC either come directly from trading card companies or must be authenticated by PSA/DNA or JSA.
That makes me feel a bit better about dealing with them knowing that they strive in their customer service, and also the requirements they have on autographs. Thanks.

If looking to finish base sets I find Sportlots.com is a better site to try.