`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Casey Kelly Tribute Rainbow

My Casey Kelly Tribute Rainbow
Okay folks, as I promised Jared, here's my Casey Kelly Rainbow.
IMO it's less impressive than a Bowman Chrome Rainbow due to sheer numbers and colors variations that Chrome offers! There aren't that many Tribute Variations and the colors are very, very subtle.
Here's my 1/1 onyx, /5, /15 (X2) /25, /35, /50, /99
[Image: null_zpsf75caa9a.jpg]
I don't have the plates and the other 1/1 was recently up on eBay, but I didn't feel like paying thru the nose for it. The Seller had it for $125 with a BIN/OBO. I offered $35 hoping he'd come down to the $50-60 level ... Which is the top dollar I'd consider. It was relisted at $100 without a BIN/OBO option. No bids and he didn't relist it yet. Thinking of sending him an Email offering $50. What do you guys think?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My Casey Kelly Tribute Rainbow
I say go for it. Nice onyx btw! I got a base chrome auto of Casey for a replacement from topps.

(12-22-2014, 01:07 AM)magneto2 Wrote: I say go for it. Nice onyx btw! I got a base chrome auto of Casey for a replacement from topps.
Thanks!
I like the onyx 1000X more than the regular 1/1 card, so paying more than what I bought the onyx for is just reprehensible Smile I can live without it for $100, but for $50 I'd be very happy to add it to the collection.
I just picked up 2 more Kelly cards for another two collection projects ... And will post it ASAP when they arrive.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Congratulations doc. I happen to think that rainbow is just as impressive. Im not a huge prospect guy, so I really dig you did all that with on card autos of an mlb player. The Tribute autos are such an attractive card. Really, well done.

Congrats! Awesome DrM. I say send him an email stating that it's a 1 time $50 offer, take it or leave it.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Excellent work, Doc! We are close on a few Lucroy auto rainbows but are missing a card or two for each. Great to see a completed one, congrats!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

There might be fewer colors, Doc, but that Onyx more than makes up for it. I love the look of those black cards with the silver signatures. Really, really nice rainbow you got going there.

I'd also send the seller a message with your best offer. It's like you told me with the Arcia 1/1 I emailed you about ... you'll regret it if you don't at least go for it.
Kepler