`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett subscription prices to raise again...

Beckett subscription prices to raise again...
**increase does not affect users with auto-renew on**

Just got an email saying the one month subscription for single sports will be increasing from $9 to $10 before the end of the month. I paid for a year so this doesn't really matter to me but for those of you paying monthly with an auto renewal pay attention. It's cheaper to get a longer term. But besides that, we've lost so many of our community already...is raising the price really the best way to increase revenue? Seems to me that it might just push more people away.

My logic: drop the price to $5 a month and encourage 2 new people to sign up = $10 and a better stronger community on the site

or increase the rates again, something that has driven most people away already, and possibly lose current subscribers...= $0

Your thoughts?
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

RE: Beckett subscription prices to raise again...
Ugh really?! How much longer can this site keep driving people away?
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

Not good...

Read the email again. It says that sign up for auto renew will get the 9.00 per month rate still.

Either way..I feel like continually increasing rates is just going to result in no traffic on this site at all...
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

Overall posts & trading has almost disappeared.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

I'm still making a fair number of trades on here but it is getting harder and harder to find trade partners. Send out 20 trade offers and get 7 or 8 responding. Gotta keep at it though. Tons of wants and tons of traders that don't change if you don't try.

Beckett is crazy i understand they want to make money but online subscriptions should be cheaper since they don't need to print it. Also like someone said above people would buy it more if they lowered the price. I bought a one month sub a few months ago it ran out and i get a call from beckett about it . Then i get an email i replied to the email and never got a reply. COMC will be the way to go in another year.
Looking for Tyler Johnson ,Andrei Vasilveskiy, Maurice Stovall, Bolts Cup Rc's

(11-17-2014, 12:07 PM)chemainus Wrote: is raising the price really the best way to increase revenue? Seems to me
Economics 101 (i.e., Common Sense) says NO. Unless, of course, you are offering more than the original product offered. I haven't noticed any changes worth a price increase of over 10%, but I could be missing something the rest of you are seeing.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

RE: Beckett Printed Subscriptions(India )
I've sent 3 Fax to Beckett and then they send the information to the Call Center in India. I was using Promo Code -A 5 G E N 4 A 1 from page 19 From the December 2014 Beckett Baseball. The offer price is $ 70.00 for 12 months of Beckett Baseball and 12 issues of Beckett Football. I received 2 separate Billings on my Visa acount at $39.90 each. The Call Center in India had No Clue on the Code. The Supervisor finally looked up page 19 in the December 2014 Baseball issue. He was suppose to send me an e-mail around December 6.2014 and that he would extend my Subscription for an additional 2 Free issue's of 14 For Baseball and 14 for Football. He told me it would take 45-60 Days to correct the Mistake and give Credit. I told him I live in the United States and it should be in my account in 48 hours for a credit and then to charge me the Correct price of $ 70.00.Beckett need to make sure that these People in India knows what is going on.I've notified my Bank and now waiting on Dispute on my Account, this is from my 2nd fax to Beckett on December 3, 2014. Don't even try to call Beckett in the United States,I've spent about 4 hours trying to get the Correct Subscription Rate