`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two New Pieces for the Museum! Caniacs Enter!

Two New Pieces for the Museum! Caniacs Enter!
After nearly a month of waiting for the post office to deliver, I finally received the two newest pieces into my goaltending museum.

The first is of a right-handed goalie, a freak of goaltending like me. This player was Tyler Moss. Born on June 29, 1975 in Ottawa, Moss was a top prospect, drafted 29th overall by Tampa Bay in 1993. He made his NHL debut on October 28, 1997 as a member of the Calgary Flames, winning his first ever game by a 6-3 decision over Pittsburgh. He appeared in six games in his rookie year and a further eleven games in his next season. He was then moved around a bit without playing the big league, before Carolina signed him. There, he was the backup to Arturs Irbe for the 2000-01 season and saw action in twelve games. He then bounced around some more and played one final game with the Vancouver Canucks in 2002-03 before dropping to the AHL and the KHL, finally retiring after the 2009-10 season. In his NHL career, Moss appeared in 30 games, recording a 6-16-1 record with a 3.25GAA and a 0.891% save average. This stick was used by Tyler Moss at some point during his single-season stint with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2000-01.

[Image: moss1_zps74d52927.jpg]

[Image: moss2_zpsd55f655a.jpg]

[Image: moss3_zps6a5f0edb.jpg]

[Image: moss4_zps0399e5b0.jpg]

The second goalie for today was once a top prospect of the NHL, drafted by the Coyotes 14th overall in 1998. This goalie, from Penetanguishene, Ontario, was Patrick Desrochers. Born on October 27, 1979, Desrochers enjoyed a fine junior career with the Sarnia Sting and Kingston Frontenacs before turning pro. Where he had success in juniors, however, he could not match them in the NHL. He made his NHL debut on November 23, 2001 against the Minnesota Wild, stopping all six shots he faced in relief of Robert Esche. In that season, he appeared in five games. The next season, he appeared in four more for the Coyotes before being acquired by the Carolina Hurricanes. With Carolina, he appeared in two additional games before dropping down into the AHL and below, eventually retiring after the 2007-08 season in which he played in Germany. This stick was used in his short stint with the Carolina Hurricanes franchise.

[Image: desrochers1_zps82c93a92.jpg]

[Image: desrochers2_zps87b877e1.jpg]

[Image: desrochers3_zps6a613bb2.jpg]

[Image: desrochers4_zps4a0bb2ae.jpg]

RE: Two New Pieces for the Museum! Caniacs Enter!
Nice pickups as always bro, as an archaeology major I always appreciate the posts you make!

You need to pm me about what you are looking for. In my business dealings with various collectors dealers and digging through attics, I'll hook you up!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75