Market Data button
Liking the new market data button on pricing......lists past sales
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

RE: Market Data button
100% agreed. I wonder if this will be a paid feature on top of the OPG or if it's an enhancement.

hopefully it stays with the OPG and they update the sales, some are old. But def a good start
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

Definitely pretty sweet. I like it....

If only it was included in the prices we're already paying...
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

u have a OPG?
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

Great addition for sure, but I've seen a few Ebay items I missed and I'm wondering how... also, anyone know what EBAY-BCI is?
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

It's cool, but I too wonder if it's going to end up being an additional charge.

rates for the new feature are FAAAR more than i'm willing to pay after the current 5-day free trial runs out....

also , i realize it's in its infancy , but i checked tons of cards that i've purchased myself off ebay and even those with page after page of data going from 2000 through 2014 , i only found ONE (yes exactly ONE) of my transactions that was reported.....also looked for many other rare high-end items that i know for a fact have multiple copies sold within the past 6-8 months and most had either no data at all or no sales reported in years....just as a quick example , go check out a 1999 bernie williams starting 9....2 sold this summer but the only two reported were in 2003 and 2005....and both of those sold for a fraction of the last two so the data provided is not at all current or helpful - quite the opposite in fact....
I collect almost anyone else with ties to the state of South Carolina (especially ANY SC Gamec0cks) , + most parallels and rare 90's inserts
check out my site for tons of wantlists : claude's card corner

(11-28-2014, 02:15 PM)cmcjr99 Wrote: rates for the new feature are FAAAR more than i'm willing to pay after the current 5-day free trial runs out....

also , i realize it's in its infancy , but i checked tons of cards that i've purchased myself off ebay and even those with page after page of data going from 2000 through 2014 , i only found ONE (yes exactly ONE) of my transactions that was reported.....also looked for many other rare high-end items that i know for a fact have multiple copies sold within the past 6-8 months and most had either no data at all or no sales reported in years....just as a quick example , go check out a 1999 bernie williams starting 9....2 sold this summer but the only two reported were in 2003 and 2005....and both of those sold for a fraction of the last two so the data provided is not at all current or helpful - quite the opposite in fact....
I agree that the data is very askew. I keep data of what I buy and how much I pay for each item and have done this for years. I noticed that many of my transactions are missing after I have done my own random sampling.

Also, after looking through the listings of a number of 1/1s, I noticed that a specific printing plate has been bought and sold 20+ times according to the market data - no way!

There is also an issue as it relates to condition of the cards as well. Some items may have serious defects which often means that the card in question sold for a lot less. The market data currently does not note this. This surely will be a much bigger issue for vintage cards.

The market data concept is actually a cool one but it is far from being reliable.

I would prefer to have eBay create a website that lists every transaction that has been made on the site since its infancy. I would like to be able to visit the listing page as it was created and if the usernames are removed I would be okay with that. Worthopedia is probably the closest idea to this concept at the given time but I do not think that it is worth the money either.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]