`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Oldschool Break - 1996 SPx 3-box break

Oldschool Break - 1996 SPx 3-box break
I had quite a bit of fun with this one the other day and figured there might be a few people who'd enjoy seeing:

Box 1:
Gold(1:7) - Eric Williams, Blaylock, Augmon
Holoview Heroes(1:24) - Grant Hill, Magic Johnson
Record Breaker (1:75) Michael Jordan!
Anfernee Hardaway Tribue Card (1:95)!

Box 2:
Gold - Olajuwon, Miller, Sprewell, Smits, Joe Smith
Holoview Heroes - Michael Jordan!

Box 3:
Gold - Kidd, Mashburn, McDyess, Sura, Montross, Jalen Rose
Holoview Heroes - Joe Smith (creased down the middle)

[Image: 1996SPXBreak_zpsfb3e7158.jpg~original]

Hit everything that I could hope for except a Jordan gold, definitely a fun break.
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)

RE: Oldschool Break - 1996 SPx 3-box break
thats an awesome break, i remember when these went live i couldnt believe how much packs were when you got so few of cards. these cards are some of the most beautiful made. im not sure why companies dont use the holo effect more often.
i also need that holoview heroes if youre interested in trading.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Maybe my favorite product of all time. I like the design on '97 SPx a little better, but this obviously the first year and the design is easily better than 99% of all sets ever, inserts included! Great hits man. Wish you'd hit the MJ gold I can't find one at any reasonable price lol.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

The first 2 boxes were awesome with the Jordan inserts. The 3rd one was more of a dud, but hopefully between the 3 boxes you have a complete set.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-24-2014, 02:37 PM)djohn Wrote: The first 2 boxes were awesome with the Jordan inserts. The 3rd one was more of a dud, but hopefully between the 3 boxes you have a complete set.
The collation was heavily predictable but I fell short of a full set, with dups and trips of some.

In the first box with the major inserts I hit golds 1-4, in the second box I hit 17-21, in the third box I hit 10-14.
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)

(11-24-2014, 04:10 PM)carrollm09 Wrote: The collation was heavily predictable but I fell short of a full set, with dups and trips of some.

In the first box with the major inserts I hit golds 1-4, in the second box I hit 17-21, in the third box I hit 10-14.
Yep, the golds were always collated like that. I was 1 off of an MJ in a box I broke awhile back, so frustrating!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Bring back my childhood memories ty
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK