Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Fun, Big dough

Little Fun, Big dough
2014 Heritage High Number
Lots of great rookies here. You really can't go wrong ... Except one box 5-6 cards had serious corner damage. Not sure if Topps will fix these for me .... Maybe get a whole new box and spin the wheel on a different auto.
I got one decent auto, the other ... Not so much.
[Image: null_zpsac733610.jpg]
Billy Hamilton and Aaron Sanchez ... And of course, you get the Rookie Cards of Abreu and Tanaka ... It's a no brainer, IMO.
If Topps doesn't 'fix' my damaged box, I might break up a set and sell/trade individual cards.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Little Fun, Big dough
That happened to me last year where the last 10-15 cards in the box had dinged corners, including the auto. I sent in the whole box and I got back the same box with the damaged cards replaced. Same auto.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

Lemme know if you wanna trade that Sanchez.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I got 3 boxes. The first I have no complaints and I got a deGrom auto. The other 2: both had too many dented corners as well as way too many ink splotches.

So what are the numbers of these. I thought I had completed my whole 2014 heritage set. Rrrrrrrrr

(11-22-2014, 05:08 PM)jaustin7 Wrote: I got 3 boxes. The first I have no complaints and I got a deGrom auto. The other 2: both had too many dented corners as well as way too many ink splotches.
DeGrom is a huge pull! Congrats! Who'd you get in the other 2 boxes?

The dents are purely a manufacturing/packaging problem. My box looks fine on the outside and inside. The last 5 cards look just like this ....
[Image: null_zpsa1464b55.jpg]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-23-2014, 02:20 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: DeGrom is a huge pull! Congrats! Who'd you get in the other 2 boxes?

The dents are purely a manufacturing/packaging problem. My box looks fine on the outside and inside. The last 5 cards look just like this ....
[Image: null_zpsa1464b55.jpg]
I got Michael Choice and Arismendy Alcantara. Thinking of having the deGrom graded and holding it until Spring. I don't have to have the money now and the price isn't where I think it can be. Need to check into sending the other 2 boxes back.

(11-23-2014, 07:26 AM)jaustin7 Wrote: I got Michael Choice and Arismendy Alcantara. Thinking of having the deGrom graded and holding it until Spring. I don't have to have the money now and the price isn't where I think it can be. Need to check into sending the other 2 boxes back.
The DeGrom is off the charts right now ... The way pitchers are, sell it now before he's out with TJ surgery.
... And Too bad, I just bought an Arismendy HN off eBay. We could have traded. Sad

Let me know what you find out about the damaged cards. How to send them back? Just the damaged ones or the whole box?

I'm interested in the Hamilton if you like anything of mine