`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 3500 Post...

RE: My 3500 Post...
I think it will be Mariners or Diamondbacks, as he really didn't play long with any of the other teams. Also neither of those teams has a player in the HOF (at least not wearing their cap), so it could go either way.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-21-2014, 11:20 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Here are the teams that Johnson could go in under. There may be more:

Expos
Mariners
Astros
D-backs
Yanks
Don't forget that he also played for the Giants and won his 300th game pitching for them. I still think he goes in with a blank cap like Maddux and LaRussa last year.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I guess Mariners.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(11-21-2014, 02:37 PM)zeprock Wrote: Don't forget that he also played for the Giants and won his 300th game pitching for them. I still think he goes in with a blank cap like Maddux and LaRussa last year.
Oh, I didn't know that he played for the Guy Ants.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Its a toss up between Mariners and Dbacks in my opinion. Blank cap works as well.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Hey Jason, congrats on 3500!
I'd have to say based on his Diamondbacks WS pitching performance against the Yankees in 2001, it would only be fair, and perhaps ironic, that he goes to the Hall in a Yankee Cap Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Congrats on your 3500 post! My thinking is like alot of others....blank cap. Myself, I always see him as a Mariner, though I only saw him pitch (and hit a triple!) live as a Diamondback. Never one of my favorites from when he tried to bean J. Kruck in an AS GAME!

relax, I'm just kidding.

Nolan...doing a poll is pretty easy....just start a thread and then follow the instructions as you click through the poll set-up at the bottom (now that your totally confused or are cursing me....just play around with it til you get it....that's what I did!!! and I'm a moron....)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-21-2014, 06:49 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats on your 3500 post! My thinking is like alot of others....blank cap. Myself, I always see him as a Mariner

Nolan...doing a poll is pretty easy....just start a thread and then follow the instructions as you click through the poll set-up at the bottom (now that your totally confused or are cursing me....just play around with it til you get it....that's what I did!!! and I'm a moron....)
Thanks!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!