Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
94 Leaf MVP Gold Ripken 9.5 pop 1

94 Leaf MVP Gold Ripken 9.5 pop 1
Just in from Beckett.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 94 Leaf MVP Gold Ripken 9.5 pop 1
Congrats! Awesome grade of a sweet Ripken card!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks...a total surprise. I just sent a batch in to see how they would come out. 1st batch I ever sent to be graded.

(11-21-2014, 01:41 AM)JMarkLynch Wrote: Thanks...a total surprise. I just sent a batch in to see how they would come out. 1st batch I ever sent to be graded.
Beginners luck? Smile just kidding.
How'd you do with the rest of the batch? Pretty much what you expected or were you surprised at how low and/or how high they graded?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-21-2014, 06:35 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Beginners luck? Smile just kidding.
How'd you do with the rest of the batch? Pretty much what you expected or were you surprised at how low and/or how high they graded?

I was surprised that a couple surface levels came back lower than expected. I also thought I would get a couple higher grades on a handful. Overall good though, I think. As a beginner, I really wasn't certain. Any tips would be appreciated though!

Here is what I ended up with:

9.5: 13
9.0: 6
8.5: 1

Autos
9.5/10: 3
9/10: 4

(11-21-2014, 09:33 AM)JMarkLynch Wrote: I was surprised that a couple surface levels came back lower than expected. I also thought I would get a couple higher grades on a handful. Overall good though, I think. As a beginner, I really wasn't certain. Any tips would be appreciated though!
Here is what I ended up with:

9.5: 13
9.0: 6
8.5: 1

Autos
9.5/10: 3
9/10: 4
No tips ... I think whatever your picking, you're nailing it
20 regular submissions, 13 are 9.5!?!?!?!? Nice % right there. Couldn't ask for much better. Good job!

There could have been more 9.5s if the surface hadnt come back low on a couple of the cards. I wasnt sure what I missed or what the issue was. Smudges? Coloring? I really have no clue.

(11-21-2014, 10:19 AM)JMarkLynch Wrote: There could have been more 9.5s if the surface hadnt come back low on a couple of the cards. I wasnt sure what I missed or what the issue was. Smudges? Coloring? I really have no clue.
Were they Glossy or Chromes? IF so it could have been finger prints.

IF just regular, it could have been hairline scratches or print dots.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

They were either glossy or chrome. How do you best deal with smudges on surfaces that protect the card? I really appreciate all of the input!

(11-21-2014, 10:54 AM)JMarkLynch Wrote: They were either glossy or chrome. How do you best deal with smudges on surfaces that protect the card? I really appreciate all of the input!
An eyeglass cleaning cloth. Make sure, though, that the cloth itself is clean. I'm not experienced in this, though. This is advice that others have given. Your best bet is to use a brand new cloth.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!