`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Grading question

Grading question
So I finally decided to have some cards graded. Simple enough, right? Not for yours truly, ha! Wouldn't it be nice if you could still pick up the phone, dial a number and ask someone a few questions? Would take all of 30 seconds. Gotta love technology........ Anyway, I basically just want to know if sending the cards in top-loaders is a no no. They ask for "semi-rigid" sleeves. Is that one of those paper thin plastic things where the back is longer than the front? Or is it front longer than back??? You know which ones I mean. I used to have hundreds of them laying around but finally threw them all away because they were junk. Also, one of the cards is thick. No way it would fit into the holders I'm thinking of. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I plan on using BGS, except for my Bradshaw rookie which will go to BVG. I assume I can send them together.. Thanks for the help!!
Collecting Steelers, Pirates and Penguins

RE: Grading question
The method of shipping is a suggestion (other than screw downs, which they say do not use). The idea behind using the semi-rigid holder is that those flimsy little sleeves actually prevent the card from slipping around during shipping (like some do in a top loader), thus minimizing risk of damage. Just make sure to tape them securely between cardboard and/or put them in a box surrounded by packing bubbles/peanuts.

As for the thick card, I would send it in whatever secures it best...to include a screw-down. Beckett wants your money more than they care how you ship it.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

+1 here. The stuff I send has been in top loaders and bags, or taped shut on the top.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm planning on using the 10 day turnaround. Will post pics when I get them back.
Collecting Steelers, Pirates and Penguins

Looking forward to it!

I'm obnoxiously rigid with using Card Savers for my submissions. The only time I've NOT has been with cards that come already in a holder. I have a MAJOR stick up my butt when it comes to sending them into BGS.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram