`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relatively Recent Yankee Pick ups (catching up) updated 11/30

RE: Relatively Recent Yankee Pick ups (catching up) updated 11/30
Nice stuff, Doc! Dig the Catfish auto. There aren't a whole lot of on-card autos of his available.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(11-30-2015, 09:26 AM)animie67 Wrote: Love that Yogi pic Smile
Thanks! Sometimes the Wife comes through! Smile
(11-30-2015, 06:15 PM)aprirr Wrote: Nice stuff, Doc! Dig the Catfish auto. There aren't a whole lot of on-card autos of his available.
Thanks Aaron! Yeah, don't think Catfish signed very much. He died around 1999, and a year or so prior, he came down with ALS, so signing was probably difficult for him. Just guessing/speculating ... No hard proof.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Actually, he signed quite a bit through the mail. He sent me one of his autographed cards, signed my card and my index card.

[Image: catfish1.jpg]

Jim "Catfish" Hunter / Scott Sanderson duel signed.
[Image: Jim_scott.jpg]

Scott Sanderson signed the card and sent a card of his own also.
[Image: ssanderson.jpg]
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

(12-13-2015, 01:53 PM)rare unreleased Wrote: Actually, he signed quite a bit through the mail. He sent me one of his autographed cards, signed my card and my index card.
I guess I should have specified that I was referring to him not signing very much for the Card Companies (Topps, Fleer, Upper Deck) since he passed away before the over abundance of autos in new card products.
But awesome autographed cards right there ... Thanks!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.