`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOLY STRATA....AGAIN!!!

HOLY STRATA....AGAIN!!!
Okay so some of you have seen some of the crazy pulls my 4 year old son has been pulling. And some of you have seen where we were at Target and he bought a few rack packs of Series 2 topps with money from his piggy bank and pulled a 1/1 Cut Strata auto of Bob Lemon which the odds were outlandish.

Well we went to target hoping to by some update but they didn't have any yet, so I needed some supplies so we went to local watering hole aka LCS. I bought some 5 row boxes and my son asked for some packs. I had $10 bucks back, so that translated into 4 hobby regular packs of Topps. Man this kid is on fire!

Here is the little guys take...
[Image: IMG_20141015_0004_zps4e0ef933.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20141015_0003_zpsec601eaf.jpg]

RE: HOLY STRATA....AGAIN!!!
Wow! "Your killing me Smalls!" Great card of one of the best hitters ever. Put it away for him, or trade it to me... lol. He's gonna have a great collection.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

Ya, so fare in his short ripping life he has hit 4 major cards.

1. Picked a box 2011 Ginter for me pulled a Terrorabilia Werewolf numbered to 10
2. Picked one pack 2013 Ginter at a show while I got a box. The box was a bust and his pack a Dual Cal Ripken Jr. & Manny M. rip card numbered to 5
3. In a few 2014 Topps Ser. 2 packs of retail rack packs he pulled a 1/1 Cut Strata auto of Bob Lemon
4. In a 4 pack of reg. hobby update 2014 Topps he pulls a Strata auto of E. Martinez numbered to 25

The kid is good and yes he does kill me smalls. lol!

Awesome story! I hope I can share the hobby with some sons of my own someday!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

After that pull, if he were my son, Strata would be his new nickname Smile or Strataboy would be his superhero sidekick name!
Have him pick out your lottery tickets, man! What are you waiting for??? Smile but seriously .... Awesomely lucky child, but even more so, that he's got a great dad that is sharing a wonderful hobby with him! You're inputting some special long term good memories in your son! Keep up the great work. Your return of investment will be so much more than some cards!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-15-2014, 09:33 PM)tdog4468 Wrote: Wow! "Your killing me Smalls!" Great card of one of the best hitters ever. Put it away for him, or trade it to me... lol. He's gonna have a great collection.
Wow that's awesome, congrats!
[Image: B1tP5.png]
*RED SOX * PATRIOTS * CELTICS * BRUINS*
*I'm currently looking for autos of Tom Brady, David Ortiz, and Yasiel Puig!!!*

I think its like you guys have sad it about sharing this thing we call a hobby with some that is special. I not only share it with my son, but I share it with all of you that is why were on the trade board, because it brings us closer to our childhood memories. Some times we just get too caught up in the money side of the hobby and forget to be boys again. I hope my son and I can continue to do this together for a long time. Thanks for those kind words, it means a lot.

Thanks for sharing! Thats awesome that you have something "special" that you do with your little guy.I let my 3 girls open pretty much everything I get, that way they pull all the "hits" (then they can fight over who pulled the best for daddy....lol). It does make collecting that much more fun, plus we learn geography, different races, and baseball/american/world history. And more importantly, we get to laugh and enjoy each others company. I wouldn't trade those times for anything.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Not to sound too much of a preacher but...AMEN!

Swwetness congrats to him let him pick you lottery #"S
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK