`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soooooo…..I just realized something

Soooooo…..I just realized something
I have got about 823 different "collecting" projects going on. Here's a sampling:

SPORTS

* various Heritage (both Topps and Bowman) sets to finish
* Twins autographed baseball collection (currently at 150 +)
* adding various key and low-key baseball RC's to personal collection (for example just picked up a NM/MT 1977 Bruce Sutter RC)
* 1968 and 1976 Topps baseball sets
* various ASG and WS baseballs along with baseballs from the 50's and 60's that were intended for Little League use
* wax pack/cello/rack pack collection

NON-SPORTS

* adding to my ever-growing comic book collection
* working on my 1958 Chevrolet Apache pickup
* working on my restoring my 1979 F-150 pickup

So, in conclusion, by my calculations, I have to live until I'm 183 years old in order to get only some of my projects completed. Oh well. It's the thrill of the hunt, right?

How many different "projects" are you all working on?

Happy Collecting!

Mark

RE: Soooooo…..I just realized something
Just decided to try and complete a 2012 and 2013 five star baseball base card set. So if anyone can help out, lets trade.

Just 5 for me.

Allen and Ginter non sport mini sets
2005 Zenith Prime Patch Set
Hunter Pence Autographs and Patches
Josh Hamilton Autographs and Patches
HOF/Stars Autos and Patches

Just 1 for me.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I've limited myself to 3. Tim Wakefield, Red Sox Hall of Fame and Craig Biggio. I'm perfectly fine knowing that it is likely I will never "complete" any of these but the thrill is in the hunt.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

I'm all over the place! No focus ... Sure, I love the Yankees, but I won't limit my collection to only Yankee cards. I've said it before, I'm an ADD collector .... My attention span for 1 person, or 1 team, 1 time period or 1 product doesn't last too long.

So what are you collecting in comicbooks? I haven't bought a comic regularly since 2008. Although, I just picked up the last 3 Captain America books since I heard he was 'passing the Shield' to Sam Jones (aka The Falcon). Cap was always my favorite, so I figured I needed to check in on 'events' every so often.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Wow. Always working on the bowman, bowman chrome, bowman draft and draft chrome. Almost done with the 1960, 61 and 67. When I am done with those sets, I will start working with the 56 and 58.

I limited myself to the 4 players in my sig, don't really care to collect sets or collect everyone from my team. Mainly just collect Goldy
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(10-13-2014, 04:51 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I'm all over the place! No focus ... Sure, I love the Yankees, but I won't limit my collection to only Yankee cards. I've said it before, I'm an ADD collector .... My attention span for 1 person, or 1 team, 1 time period or 1 product doesn't last too long.

So what are you collecting in comicbooks? I haven't bought a comic regularly since 2008. Although, I just picked up the last 3 Captain America books since I heard he was 'passing the Shield' to Sam Jones (aka The Falcon). Cap was always my favorite, so I figured I needed to check in on 'events' every so often.
Oh.....as far as comics go I'm all over the place. I really like the 60's Spiderman's, Batman's and Superman's. Lately I've been picking up issues of the Superfriends. I also am a Captain America fan, but more so of the early stuff. I do have the first issue of when Cap got his own comic.

(10-13-2014, 08:57 PM)madamson Wrote: Oh.....as far as comics go I'm all over the place. I really like the 60's Spiderman's, Batman's and Superman's. Lately I've been picking up issues of the Superfriends. I also am a Captain America fan, but more so of the early stuff. I do have the first issue of when Cap got his own comic.
IMO, The 60s stuff is the best by far. Jack Kirby's* and Steve Ditko's* Marvel work was the best and rarely has that level of excitement ever been matched and if so, never maintained for any substantial period of time. The 60s Batman books are cool (especially the late 60s-early 70s Neal Adams run ... Masterful stories) , the Superman books from that era are less so, IMO. The Superfriends books of the 70s were pretty much exactly like the TV cartoon series ... A little juvenile but not without a certain level of charm.
Glad to see that I'm not the only 'comic book geek' that crossed over to baseball Smile
If there's a Beckett Comic Book forum, we can take this topic there. Smile
Sorry to get side tracked ... Back to baseball!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.