`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refocusing my collecting and trading

RE: Refocusing my collecting and trading
DUDE#~! welcome back, i recently came back too and made the almost exact decisions you did. stop breaking boxes (i might as well play the lottery-- and i pity those who throw hundreds away doing that!) and i love Josh hamilton- good talent, great testimony. Now he needs to stay healthy!
Congrats on the new job

@mikmouse24: Thanks! Hamilton's story and book are what have me sold on him. He is a heck of a talent just has sooooo many injuries. I actually watched Pence play for the AA Corpus Christi Hooks coming up. Been collecting him for a while now.

Well....I'm back...I fell off the wagon here the last couple of months. I haven't made a trip to the card shop or done a trade since mid-November. I went to the LCS last weekend, picked up some stuff I had sent off to get graded and got a box of Stadium Club and Supreme as well. I will update my mail thread later with the latest and greatest.

(01-20-2015, 12:27 PM)rob024420 Wrote: Well....I'm back...I fell off the wagon here the last couple of months. I haven't made a trip to the card shop or done a trade since mid-November. I went to the LCS last weekend, picked up some stuff I had sent off to get graded and got a box of Stadium Club and Supreme as well. I will update my mail thread later with the latest and greatest.
Just chalk it up to a holiday break. There's a few of the guys here that take a break from around Thanksgiving til after Christmas.

And two boxes after that long (and the hiatus you had before) isn't too shabby at all.
Kepler

(01-20-2015, 04:29 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Just chalk it up to a holiday break. There's a few of the guys here that take a break from around Thanksgiving til after Christmas.

And two boxes after that long (and the hiatus you had before) isn't too shabby at all.
Yea that's what I am doing. That box of Stadium Club worked out pretty good for me too. Pics to come later tonight I hope.

Welcome back... The not buying wax was my new deal as well. I'm not a big set builder, and buying boxes for the hits leads to disappointment 99% of the time... I've had a lot of fun staying focused and not buying random packs. It certainly did help that Walmart and Target quit carrying blasters though!!!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Nice to see you active again. Added a lot to my org, be sure to check it for any of your wants.

Thanks,
Rob

@ne12bc12: thanks, I sent you over an offer

Welcome back! Even though Ive never traded on here I always saw/read your posts
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I set goals a couple of years ago. Then I got a better job and some disposable income. After years of living paycheck to (almost) paycheck, it's been nice to pretty much get what I want when I want it.

The bad part about that is I've lost focus - or at least broadened out considerably. I think in the last year I've still only broke 2 hobby boxes (both on crazy sales), but beyond a couple of core players I've discovered how much I like vintage and color. Fortunately, I stick to mostly Twins on both fronts.

I may take your cue and come up with a list of my own.
Kepler