`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie and Prospect help

Rookie and Prospect help
My buddy is sorting his cards. Can someone confirm what is a True Rc card and the difference between 1st / prospect cards.

ex. 2014 bowman chrome prospect cards. Some have 1st on them and some don't. He thinks every prospect is a rookie. I thought true Rookie cards will be stamped RC. Is this correct? This is for a Rookie Collection.

Thanks in advance Smile
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: Rookie and Prospect help
In the Bowman ans Bowman Chrome the prospects cards are considered an insert card.
They would actually be a pre rookie card.
Only the ones marked with the RC in the main set are trully RC's

This confuses me too. So then next year if Kris Bryant makes the team and has a card stamped RC, what will be more in demand? The 2015 "RC" or the 2014 prospect?
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

(10-13-2014, 12:18 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: This confuses me too. So then next year if Kris Bryant makes the team and has a card stamped RC, what will be more in demand? The 2015 "RC" or the 2014 prospect?
I would think the 2015 RC stamp would be more than the prospect 2014. I may be wrong though. I prefer the rookies over the prospects cards

(10-13-2014, 09:29 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: In the Bowman ans Bowman Chrome the prospects cards are considered an insert card.
They would actually be a pre rookie card.
Only the ones marked with the RC in the main set are trully RC's
Thank You
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(10-13-2014, 01:28 PM)talkntribe Wrote: I would think the 2015 RC stamp would be more than the prospect 2014. I may be wrong though. I prefer the rookies over the prospects cards

Thank You
The first stamp indicates their first appearance on a bowman chrome card, you will note several prospect cards do not carry the 1st stamp on the card, this indicates they have an earlier chrome version. Tricky part is they may have an have a card issued earlier than this 1st stamp too, just not from bowman chrome. Hope I thoroughly confused you like the rest of us. Many collectors like the earliest bowman chrome card, while others like the RC "rookie" card, hope this helps.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

Usually First Bowman Chrome card is king because it's the players first card in his major league uniform. Rookie cards are nice but usually don't come out until a year or 2 after the prospect card. There's something about having the players first major league card. Bowman has definitely set the standard for players first cards.
I think one case that can hurt that is if the player is traded as a minor leaguer and their rookie card is in a different uniform.

(10-12-2014, 06:27 PM)talkntribe Wrote: My buddy is sorting his cards. Can someone confirm what is a True Rc card and the difference between 1st / prospect cards.
ex. 2014 bowman chrome prospect cards. Some have 1st on them and some don't. He thinks every prospect is a rookie. I thought true Rookie cards will be stamped RC. Is this correct? This is for a Rookie Collection.
Thanks in advance Smile
Official Answer from Topps, inc.

"Don't ask, just buy."

Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.