`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you Organize. Need some Ideas

How do you Organize. Need some Ideas

I have been out of the loop for awhile. Mainly getting bored collecting, collecting and then bored again. Well this time I have the urge. I have a few monster boxes and was wondering what ways people sort today. For example I have a collection of different base and insert sets as well as a ton of randoms. Sets like topps and bowman 2010-2012 years. None of which contain SP cards. All were hand collection so they weren't purchased complete. My insert sets are complete and some are Series 1 or Series 2 complete. I get people asking me if I have any teams for sale or trade. So my question is. Should I leave these cards by their set name,year,etc. Or is it okay to break them into the teams listed on the cards. I know alot of base sets don't have that much value.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS> Would it be wise to break up the complete set of 2010 bowman platinum + bowman platinum prospects? The Trout is in the set.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: How do you Organize. Need some Ideas
For my collection, I have all my sets packed away as I have no intention of breaking them. Most are not even in My Org. Then I have Star binders, HOF binders, Toploader boxes and finally 5000 count boxes. I am in the process of re-doing my Org so my Collection Folders/Names represent where the cards are located (ie: HOF Binder 6 is Cal Ripken or 2010 Bowman Platinum Ramos in the Bowman Platinum 5000 count box). This will assist me in pulling the cards. With the ability of traders to search the Org based on team, it does not require me to store based on team. For me it is easier for me to store each set in number order with the inserts right behind them.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

I like using binders over boxes that way I can flip through. Only issue i'm having with that is they get dusty easy. I also use very thin binder sheets. Perhaps a thicker sheet would be better. Smile
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

After trying a few different methods, because I had the same problem starting out, I have finally found a method that I like. Any cards worth $10+, Relics, Auto's, or RC's $5+ go into top loaders and into a monster box. I have the rest of my cards in binders separated by Year/Set (Topps Chrome/Topps Heritage/Topps Archives/Etc) separated by dividers. These binders are #'d and this makes it very easy for me to pull cards for trade because I have them set up in my ORG by binder #. I know that I can go to Binder #2 or #4 for certain cards. I forgot to add that all of my duplicates go into a monster box as well separated with index cards by Year/Set. Hope this helps!
[Image: image.jpg]

I have all my traders in 3 ring binders. They are mostly alphabet order book 1 is Bowman bowman chrome starting from the earliest to the newest book is is also bowman, book 3 would be collectors choice, fleer, ect
this way when a trade offer comes my way I know which book they are in and cuts my hunting down quite a bit. Dont get me wrong its not fool proof for I could easily mark the card in one book but have the card in another book.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]