`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Bowman Chrome Jumbo Case Break “My Case hit”

2014 Bowman Chrome Jumbo Case Break “My Case hit”
I think one card saved my entire break but that may also have to do with the fact that I’m not a big prospector. This I do know. The correlation did not seem that good and I had a lot of damaged cards. In total 207 of the cards I pulled had dinged or mashed corners. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do about this if anything?

I will post the rest of the break when Beckett gets all the cards listed, for now I’ll just show the card that saved my break…..

[Image: 2014ToppsTripleThreads5_zps566f8a15.jpg]
2014 Bowman Chrome Rookie Autographs Orange Refractors #BCARJA Jose Abreu #/25

Thanks for looking,
Rob

RE: 2014 Bowman Chrome Jumbo Case Break “My Case hit”
Sweet hit bro! I'm busting a case or Jumbo boxes tonight. I only had time to break one and a half of the 8 boxes last night but you are not alone on the damaged cards. The numbers seemed to run together on the base cards. I got 66,67,68,69,70 etc then my "hits" for the pack then 18,19,20 etc. But a large number of the cards are damaged. None of the hits have had damage (so far) which is good but as a set builder, it is going to be difficult at the point to put a decent set together if half of each box is damaged. The funny part is they must have been damaged when Topps packed them because the boxes and the wrappers show zero damage. Not even little pin points from corners from say a box being dropped/tossed etc.

Anyway, great hit! The only full box I bused so far had a Kris Bryant Chrome Auto in it so I'm super happy about that. First Bryant i've gotten and I busted two full cases of Bowman when it launched. Needless to say I was a little more than disappointed by that. This case seems to be making up for it. Hopefully it will continue to be good.

(09-27-2014, 02:40 PM)petercopp Wrote: Sweet hit bro! I'm busting a case or Jumbo boxes tonight. I only had time to break one and a half of the 8 boxes last night but you are not alone on the damaged cards. The numbers seemed to run together on the base cards. I got 66,67,68,69,70 etc then my "hits" for the pack then 18,19,20 etc. But a large number of the cards are damaged. None of the hits have had damage (so far) which is good but as a set builder, it is going to be difficult at the point to put a decent set together if half of each box is damaged. The funny part is they must have been damaged when Topps packed them because the boxes and the wrappers show zero damage. Not even little pin points from corners from say a box being dropped/tossed etc.

Anyway, great hit! The only full box I bused so far had a Kris Bryant Chrome Auto in it so I'm super happy about that. First Bryant i've gotten and I busted two full cases of Bowman when it launched. Needless to say I was a little more than disappointed by that. This case seems to be making up for it. Hopefully it will continue to be good.
Great hit with the Bryant! Yes, my damaged cards ran the same way. When you are done breaking and are up to it, I could use some help with my checklists. They are located here.....

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1565801.html

That is, if you are wanting to trade.

Thanks,
Rob

What other autos did you pull?

Nice break! if your looking to move the Abreu please pm me.

(09-27-2014, 01:14 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: I think one card saved my entire break but that may also have to do with the fact that I’m not a big prospector. This I do know. The correlation did not seem that good and I had a lot of damaged cards. In total 207 of the cards I pulled had dinged or mashed corners. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do about this if anything?

I will post the rest of the break when Beckett gets all the cards listed, for now I’ll just show the card that saved my break…..

[Image: 2014ToppsTripleThreads5_zps566f8a15.jpg]
2014 Bowman Chrome Rookie Autographs Orange Refractors #BCARJA Jose Abreu #/25

Thanks for looking,
Rob
If you go to the topps site you can down load the damaged card form to send back the damaged cards for replacements, with such a large amount they may just mail you new packs or a whole box in replacement as apposed to shipping 200+ cards. You need receipt, wrappers, case upc, and a letter about the damage as well as the form. The do it by quanity on hand only so I would not delay getting them to replace. I just found a purple Kris Bryant out of platinum where the back foil surface is wrinkled that I will have to send back, sucks cause I just asked for replacement on a base Bryant, and another card for damage, I could have saved shipping. Good luck and great hit on the Abreu.

Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

(09-27-2014, 11:17 PM)Mike7149 Wrote: What other autos did you pull?
Will be posting once Beckett has the Organize updated for this product.
(09-27-2014, 11:33 PM)dogboy34 Wrote: Nice break! if your looking to move the Abreu please pm me.
No plans on moving the Abreu, can't at the moment anyway because it's in the redemption process. Thanks.
(09-28-2014, 07:42 AM)tdog4468 Wrote: If you go to the topps site you can down load the damaged card form to send back the damaged cards for replacements, with such a large amount they may just mail you new packs or a whole box in replacement as apposed to shipping 200+ cards. You need receipt, wrappers, case upc, and a letter about the damage as well as the form. The do it by quanity on hand only so I would not delay getting them to replace. I just found a purple Kris Bryant out of platinum where the back foil surface is wrinkled that I will have to send back, sucks cause I just asked for replacement on a base Bryant, and another card for damage, I could have saved shipping. Good luck and great hit on the Abreu.
Thanks for the information it's very much appreciated.

That Abreu redemption looks like a big orange life-saving personal floatation device to me! Great case save!
All those damaged cards would have had me fuming. If you return the case, make sure you don't accidently slip that one back in Smile I'll give you a crappy Dean Anna auto to take it's place Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-28-2014, 12:29 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That Abreu redemption looks like a big orange life-saving personal floatation device to me! Great case save!
All those damaged cards would have had me fuming. If you return the case, make sure you don't accidently slip that one back in Smile I'll give you a crappy Dean Anna auto to take it's place Smile
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll return the redemption "card", code is already entered. Think they would notice?

Nice redemption
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK