`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Collecting advice

Collecting advice
I would like to know which on-card rookie autos do you think are the best to collect? I'm looking for cards that aren't serial numbered and are obviously an on-card auto. Just the base auto. I've been thinking pretty hard about 2014 Topps Inception, but I don't like how some of the players are in #00 and not their real jersey number. Please share your thoughts as they would be much appreciated.
I am currently collecting:
2015 Bowman baseball cards
Any KC Royals or Chiefs cards
Rookie Cards and Autographed cards

RE: Collecting advice
Base Topps Chrome autos are pretty nice Smile Don't know if they are going to do on card this year or not, considering Finest has stickers, but previous years have some nice on card. Platinum in years past is pretty good for that as well, for the most part. Of course, neither of those products is out this year for either of those. If you aren't just looking for this year's rookies, last year's Museum had mostly on card autos, too. If you are looking for this year's rookies, there hasn't been a lot that wasn't airbrushed yet.

I think National Treasures is on card...5 Star as well. Those are high end. Not sure about others.

(09-24-2014, 02:38 PM)savagenate Wrote: I think National Treasures is on card...5 Star as well. Those are high end. Not sure about others.
Forgot about 5 Star. National Treasures has some stickers, though that may just be the veteran autos that have those. Didn't Valor from 2012 have on card autos for rookies too?

Thanks for all your responses! I think I'm going to start collecting Topps Chrome when it comes available.

(09-24-2014, 03:05 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Forgot about 5 Star. National Treasures has some stickers, though that may just be the veteran autos that have those. Didn't Valor from 2012 have on card autos for rookies too?
Valor rookies had some on card I think, but I'm pretty sure the veterans were all stickers.

(09-25-2014, 08:18 AM)kccardtrader Wrote: Thanks for all your responses! I think I'm going to start collecting Topps Chrome when it comes available.
Good luck! I like doing sets of some of my favorite players as I like their parallels.

I believe Topps lost their rights to produce pro unid cards next year so I would highly suggest Contenders over Topps Chrome IMHO.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Thank you all so much for your responses. I guess after some careful consideration and some input on other forums, it looks like I should go with a Panini product. I've been told they have the exclusive NFL license starting next year (this true?). I enjoy opening packs just like about 99% of the people in this hobby, and I want to stick to just one set of cards. I'd like to build a base set of all the rookies and stars and also collect some nice on-card autos. I can afford about $100/month and I'd like to get 1-2 hobby boxes every month. Can you guys think of any Panini products that have these qualities: 1. Nice base set which includes rookies, 2. On-card rookie autos, and 3. Hobby boxes priced at less that $100? Any of your input would be much appreciated.

Yeah, Panini got the exclusive (already been announced by the NFL and Panini). Topps'll be making 2015 cards, but then after that, they're done.

I would agree with Contenders, as that's one of the few sets that I really like from Panini (other than Prizm), and the really cool thing is they have the actual rookie base set cards as all autos. So, no non-auto RC's in that set! Smile I think they retail for about 120, though, but that's not too much more than what you are wanting to spend. Here are a couple of Contenders from the Packers last year that I personally have:

Very clean cards, and a couple variations (though not too many. Last year only had 3 non-1/1 for base cards, and some rookies had 2 different base autos one regular and one SP variation and both of those had 3 non-1/1 variations). Also some decent inserts as well. Vets have some autos in it as well, as I have a 2012 Jordy Nelson Contenders auto, too.

(09-26-2014, 08:10 AM)bojesphob Wrote: Yeah, Panini got the exclusive (already been announced by the NFL and Panini). Topps'll be making 2015 cards, but then after that, they're done.

I would agree with Contenders, as that's one of the few sets that I really like from Panini (other than Prizm), and the really cool thing is they have the actual rookie base set cards as all autos. So, no non-auto RC's in that set! Smile I think they retail for about 120, though, but that's not too much more than what you are wanting to spend. Here are a couple of Contenders from the Packers last year that I personally have:

Very clean cards, and a couple variations (though not too many. Last year only had 3 non-1/1 for base cards, and some rookies had 2 different base autos one regular and one SP variation and both of those had 3 non-1/1 variations). Also some decent inserts as well. Vets have some autos in it as well, as I have a 2012 Jordy Nelson Contenders auto, too.
Are they not releasing a 2014 set of Contenders or will it come later in the season?