`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Turkey and an apology

Cold Turkey and an apology
Been trying to go retail cold turkey. I've gone over a week without buying anything at Target or Walmart. Don't feel bad for me ... That doesn't mean I quit ... I just did a case break, that worked out well Smile
Anyway, an explanation & apology
The past 3-4 weeks, my world was in turmoil, but to make a very long, boring story mercifully short and uncomplicated, lets just succinctly say that my office landlord (Charles Hirsch of Millbrook Properties) is an unfeelingjerkassmonkeybrainednincompoop. But thanks to my attorney, my life just got temporarily less complicated. The problems didn't go away, but for the next year, things will be stable. So my apologies to anyone and everyone who were trying to trade with me. I was keeping everyone on hold primarily because I didn't know if I was staying or going, keeping my address or moving to a new place, I was packing stuff, putting stuff in storage, looking for a new office, etc, etc. But I'm staying put and will resume normal, friendly trading once again.
Thanks for listening and understanding.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Cold Turkey and an apology
Good deal, congrats!!
Mostly football and a set builder

Landlords suck... thats good you get to stay at your office right now
how the break go by the way?

Glad to hear the good news!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

How does your landlord get that long name on his business cards. Must have been tuff in school.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

Glad to hear you've found some (at least temporary) resolution man, cheers!
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Bro I go cold turkey from retail. But that's just cause I can't afford to buy base cards. Lol

Awesome DrM...glad things worked out. Taking a break from retail is good. Those "little" purchases add up and before you know it, you've spent a lot of money and gathered a lot of cards you really don't want which makes you say, time to slow down and take a deep breath. All's good and we still love ya!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Glad you got it worked out......I'm here when your ready
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Thanks for understanding everybody!
I totally Appreciate it.

FULL BORING EXPLAINATION: totally NOT card related. Smile WTMI edition
I renewed the 5 year lease to my office a year before I entered Medical School. During that first year, Dick Scott, our questionable Governor, strongarmed our state representatives to pass certain laws that, in essence, majorly effected the scope of my practice and in turn affected my earning potential. I thought about the past, present and future. I witnessed as Chiropractic gained acceptance, but ever since I became a Chiropractor, I noticed that my rights under the healthcare laws (at least here in Florida) were being picked apart and slowly eroded away. Insurance companies were raising premiums but Chiropractic coverage and reimbursement was less and less. I saw the writing on the wall, and the future didn't look too bright and cheerful. I decided that a career change might be smart, and since the only thing I've ever been was a Doctor, becoming a MD was the most stable choice in a changing healthcare environment, allowing me to better care for my patients.
As I'm transitioning from a Chiropractor to a Medical Doctor, I realized 2 things. 1) my office has become less able to financially sustain itself. 2) when I graduate and enter residency, I'll still have a year left on my lease. So once I realized this, I've been attempting to lower my rent and shorten the term of my lease. But my ratbastardasssniffingbeancounting landlord wouldn't listen to reason and logic, so I did the only thing that a landlord understands. Withhold rent, which forced them into evacuation proceedings against me and eventually into negotiations to prevent costly litigation. I didn't get what I really wanted, but I did get my rent reduced for a year. Unfortunately, Next year, I'll probably have to do the same thing all over again.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.