Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do? Topps Redemptions!

What would you do? Topps Redemptions!
Hello Beckett Friends,
In January of this year i redeemed a Tier One Dual Patch auto of Ken Griffey Jr. I have called at least 6 times since i put the code into Topps. They have told me that the card was not made at least 3 of those times. I recently talked to a CSR rep there and then was emailed. I told them i wanted either the card that was promised which is #/25 or another on card auto of Ken Griffey Jr. with either relic or just auto. I have also a Tommy Lee auto from Ginter that i am waiting on as well. Today they sent me an email for replacement. They are offering either a Five Star auto of Ken Griffey Jr. #30 or a Five Star Book Auto Relic of Ken Griffey Jr. to 49. The big problem is i have to eat the redemption of Tommy Lee from Ginter to get either card. So here is my question what would you do? Keep in mind i really want the original card but this is a tempting offer..

Thanks for listening to my rant.

RE: What would you do? Topps Redemptions!
Auto relic books are pretty sweet, especially the Five Star books, but I don't understand why you need to throw in the Tommy Lee card. A Junior /25 for a Junior /30 seems like an even deal, the booklet at /49 seems pretty straight up even for the /25 Griffey, too. I could totally understand throwing in the Tommy Lee card if they were swapping out a Griffey, Jr /10 or /5 card. I just don't see the logic behind it, unless I'm just missing something here.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-09-2014, 11:37 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Auto relic books are pretty sweet, especially the Five Star books, but I don't understand why you need to throw in the Tommy Lee card. A Junior /25 for a Junior /30 seems like an even deal, the booklet at /49 seems pretty straight up even for the /25 Griffey, too. I could totally understand throwing in the Tommy Lee card if they were swapping out a Griffey, Jr /10 or /5 card. I just don't see the logic behind it, unless I'm just missing something here.
Im with you on this one, not really sure why they are asking you to do that.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

Thanks for the responses. The reason behind the Tommy Lee is the dollar value or Beckett value of the card i am redeeming vs the replacement cards. I am leaning toward the book but the on card to 30 actually sells better. Its a difference of 50 dollars which Topps will not eat Sad

(09-10-2014, 12:37 AM)magneto2 Wrote: Thanks for the responses. The reason behind the Tommy Lee is the dollar value or Beckett value of the card i am redeeming vs the replacement cards. I am leaning toward the book but the on card to 30 actually sells better. Its a difference of 50 dollars which Topps will not eat Sad
Stinks! But I guess I'd rather have a cooler Griffey card than a stanky Tommy Lee card any day of the week.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-10-2014, 08:28 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Stinks! But I guess I'd rather have a cooler Griffey card than a stanky Tommy Lee card any day of the week.
+1

I'd say eat it topps!! I want the Griffey book and another auto regardless of who it is for the tommy. No way you should have to give up a great Griffey relic auto because "they didn't make a card they promised the customer" which is a BBB call but the way. It's called bait and switch, which is illegal.

Don't offer a product so I spend my money and receive a pice of paper that says I get said card and then NOT EVEN MAKE IT!!!!!

Here is a coupon for a free McWhopper from Wendy's. Please redeem at KFC. Which is what you got.
An amazing product ( come on who doesn't want a McWhopper) but it will never be made.

(09-11-2014, 09:22 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: I'd say eat it topps!! I want the Griffey book and another auto regardless of who it is for the tommy. No way you should have to give up a great Griffey relic auto because "they didn't make a card they promised the customer" which is a BBB call but the way. It's called bait and switch, which is illegal.

Don't offer a product so I spend my money and receive a pice of paper that says I get said card and then NOT EVEN MAKE IT!!!!!

Here is a coupon for a free McWhopper from Wendy's. Please redeem at KFC. Which is what you got.
An amazing product ( come on who doesn't want a McWhopper) but it will never be made.
You bought boxes, were promised by the advertising on boxes for a certain amount of autos, you have two. Regardless of value they should make it right and send you a Griffey of similar value and another auto of similar value for the Tommy Lee. Redemptions are an absolute scam suck. You don't make the card, then don't dangle it. I have a redemption in of a no name player from Topps debut that is over a year old. I'm getting to the point of calling and just trying to get some other no name auto because I DIDN'T GET WHAT I PAID FOR WITH THE BOX.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I would counter to them with the auction data from ebay that shows the five star books out of /49 are actually selling for less than the value of a tier one auto (meaning they owe you more card value not the other way around). The difference on the /30 five star is less than $20.00 get what they owe you or a fair replacement or contact the BBB and file a complaint, they will fix the problem then.

Amazing how they hand out Harper autos for trash cards in replacements and then a person has two quality autos to replace and gets low balled take it or leave it offer. Whole system of autos in the card business is shady. Best of luck to you but do the research before you answer them.

Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

(09-10-2014, 08:28 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Stinks! But I guess I'd rather have a cooler Griffey card than a stanky Tommy Lee card any day of the week.

I'm guessing that can't get Tommy to sign, that's why they want to include both.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.