`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Time For Everything

First Time For Everything
I had 4 redemption cards waiting in suspended animation for months and years. 2 of which were recent the other 2 were from a few years ago. I called Topps expecting the worse but I was on the phone with a guy who actually was really nice and cool. He told me that my cards were not ready because of signing difficulties and asked if I wanted to replace them. I told him YES!!!! I waited long enough. Instead of being rushed off the phone he had asked what team I collect and of course I told him Yankees. He asked if I wanted the 4 replacements to be Yankees but I told him half and half give me 2 Yankees and surprise me with the others. He went on to tell me he would give me double the value of my redemptions because I waited so long. I just had to share this experience with you because not all interactions with Topps are bad. I will post what they gave me when they come in and we shall see if he pulls through.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

RE: First Time For Everything
Can't wait to see what shows up!!
If you see anything you want in any of my break posts and you have any Frank Thomas cards you are willing to trade please let me know.

I'll be curious to see what you get! What were the original redemption cards for? Also, is it safe to assume you'll have something in hand shortly then?

Wow! That's awesome. It's people like him that make small differences in the world everyday.
I collect Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., and Philadelphia Eagles autographed graded cards!

Don't be surprised if Topps has a different opinion for "value" of the cards you should have got.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

The cards i was waiting for was:

2011 Bowman Platinum Baseball j. Montero/D. Ackley/L. Chisenhall Triple Autograph
2011 Topps Chrome Freddie Freeman - Autographed Rookie Black Refractor
2012 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs Gold Refractors Bryce Harper
2013 Update Series Chasing History Autograph of Yan Gomes

Hopefully it's a nice jeter auto........Smile
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(08-29-2014, 09:12 PM)elberson Wrote: Hopefully it's a nice jeter auto........Smile
Does Topps have the rights to a Jeter Auto?

(08-29-2014, 09:23 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Does Topps have the rights to a Jeter Auto?
Don't know, it may be upper deck still but It would be cool
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I just hope its something i could use or trade for something