`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could re-do Fleer/SkyBox Autographics....which player(s) do you want in?

If you could re-do Fleer/SkyBox Autographics....which player(s) do you want in?
If I am correct, when Autographics was released, all players signing on for these programs were still active in NBA back then.

I joined the Autographics discussion the other day on another forum and it got me to think of this. Looking back, if you could re-do these sets again, aside from the ones under exclusive deals (again, back then), which players do you want to see?

Stars or scrubs, it doesn't matter, but they had to be active players when these sets were first released, and are not in any of these sets.

Some of my picks:

(1) John Stockton
(2) Christian Laettner
(3) Gary Payton
(4) Jeff Hornacek
(5) Dan Majerle (His Autographics On Location card from 2000-01 Fleer Futures doesn't count)
(6) Robert Horry
(7) Kobe Bryant (not under any exclusive deal yet)
(8) Felton Spencer
(9) Patrick Ewing (highly unlikely though as he seems to be not willing to sign a large amount of cards at the same time)

What are your choices?
- certified autograph card sets builder (basketball only and mostly from 90's)
- also collect legends and stars on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes (mostly basketball)

RE: If you could re-do Fleer/SkyBox Autographics....which player(s) do you want in?
Great topic being that I am currently chasing the 96-97 Set.
I dont know if any of these guys had exclusive deals but I would of liked to see them in the 96-97 Set.

- Kobe
- Anfernee Hardaway in Orlando Uniform
- Kevin Johnson
- Shawn Kemp in Sonics uniform
- Gary Payton in Sonics uniform
- Mark Price

RE: If you could re-do Fleer/SkyBox Autographics....which player(s) do you want in?
(08-28-2014, 04:00 PM)sonic311 Wrote: Great topic being that I am currently chasing the 96-97 Set.
I dont know if any of these guys had exclusive deals but I would of liked to see them in the 96-97 Set.

- Kobe
- Anfernee Hardaway in Orlando Uniform
- Kevin Johnson
- Shawn Kemp in Sonics uniform
- Gary Payton in Sonics uniform
- Mark Price
Penny was with Upper Deck back then, but others are all good options.
(Kobe wasn't under any exclusivity contract until 1999-00 season when he signed with Upper Deck; his previous contract with Topps is not exclusivity.)
Also, Kobe did sign on for part of the Fleer "Diamond Ink" program in the 1997-98 season, if my memory serves, which furthers my question on why he's not part of any of these Autographics sets.
- also collect legends and stars on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes (mostly basketball)

You hit the nail right on the head with Ewing.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

My main man Mitch! His first autos, aside from 97-98 topps, are just a biotch to find (97-98 sp authentic buybacks, for instance...I still need ALL of them!)

I like the Gary Payton idea as well. What about Shaq? He didn't pop up until 99-00 I think, well after that set had lost most of its luster and novelty. Same goes for J-Kidd.

Last but not least, what about grandma-ma Larry Johnson? I always liked his game. Him and 'Zo together on NBA Jam were BEASTS on the SNES! Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Shaq in Magic uniform would be awesome, more so if being part of the 1996-97 set.
Mitch would be just as good if being part of these sets, especially in Kings uniform.
Larry Johnson is in both 1997-98 and 1998-99 sets.

John Stockton is definitely my top choice.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Latrell Sprewell is in 96'97 Autographics but in a Warriors uni., I would've killed for a Knicks uni. auto.
Chris Childs is in 96'97 Autographics too but a Nets uni., I'd like a Knicks uni.
Derek Harper
Arvydas Sabonis
Rasheed Wallace is in 97'98 but some other years would've been nice
Michael Jordan
Shawn Kemp in a Sonics uni.
Chris Dudley in a Knicks uni.
Chris Mills in a Knicks uni.
Rasho Nesterovic
Othella Harrington in a Knicks uni.
Terry Cummings in a Knicks uni.
Erick Strickland in a Knicks uni.

..I can name a whole list of 90s players I wish had a Autographics in a Knicks uni.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

Jordan is already UD-exclusive at that time so that doesn't really count. lol
But others are all good options, especially Sprewell in Knicks unfirom (most likely in 98-99 and/or 99-00 sets if made) and Sabonis.

(09-02-2014, 10:16 AM)vgqv Wrote: Latrell Sprewell is in 96'97 Autographics but in a Warriors uni., I would've killed for a Knicks uni. auto.
Chris Childs is in 96'97 Autographics too but a Nets uni., I'd like a Knicks uni.
Derek Harper
Arvydas Sabonis
Rasheed Wallace is in 97'98 but some other years would've been nice
Michael Jordan
Shawn Kemp in a Sonics uni.
Chris Dudley in a Knicks uni.
Chris Mills in a Knicks uni.
Rasho Nesterovic
Othella Harrington in a Knicks uni.
Terry Cummings in a Knicks uni.
Erick Strickland in a Knicks uni.

..I can name a whole list of 90s players I wish had a Autographics in a Knicks uni.

Same here. My top choice also.

(08-29-2014, 12:13 PM)djohn Wrote: John Stockton is definitely my top choice.