`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katykeed

Katykeed
I want to say thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes.
Nathan MacKeller (madmack29)

KATY, Texas — Edward “Eddie” Vanderberg, 55, of Katy, Texas, passed away peacefully on Aug. 5, 2014, at his residence. He had fought a valiant battle against liver disease for several years.
Eddie was born on Sept. 18, 1958, to Willis “Bud” and the late Donna Vanderberg in Battle Creek but moved with his family in 1968 to what he considered his home town, Kalkaska.
He graduated from Kalkaska High School in 1976 and attended college at Central Michigan University briefly before he met and married the love of his life, Tina, in 1988.
He then joined the U.S. Army for four years before becoming employed at British Petroleum from 1992 until his retirement earlier this year. Eddie was well liked and highly respected for his ingenuity and creativity while employed.
In high school he participated in various sports but was best known for holding the Class C State Title in the high jump in 1975.
Preceding him in death were his mother; maternal and paternal grandparents; brother-in-law, Robert “Bob” Armstrong; and several aunts, uncles and cousins.
He is lovingly remembered by his wife of 26 years, Tina; children, Shane and Aaron (Heather) Vanderberg, of Katy, Texas, Jeremy (Hayley) Ball, of Traverse City, and Christy (Devan) Youtzy, of Lena, Illinois; grandchildren, Andrea “The Wee Peeper” Vanderberg, Kylie Ball and Jeremiah and Jocelyn Youtzy; father, Willis (Linda) Vanderberg; sisters, Dawn MacKeller and Tamara (Jerry) Gravelyn; mother-in-law, Diane Kelly; brother and sister-in-law, Ara (Tom) Wettig; as well as nephews, nieces and cousins.
Those who knew Eddie well remember him for his wonderful storytelling, love of music, great sense of humor and devotion to family. His hobbies included fishing, collecting sports memorabilia (especially related to his beloved Red Wings) and enjoying trips with his family.
Per his wishes, cremation has taken place. A celebration of Eddie’s life will take place on Oct. 11, 2014, in Kalkaska, with a time and place to be announced at a later date.
To honor his memory, the family requests that you consider the “Gift of Life” for organ donation. More information can be found at giftoflifemichigan.org or at the “Gift of Life” website for your state.
Trading for:
Detroit Red Wings - non base
Motown Madness - have 389 different cards
1995-96 Collector's Choice Platinum Players Club Hockey - have 342/396
Curtis Joseph - non base cards

Detroit Lions - non base
Eric Dickerson - non base
Bo Jackson - non base
Brian Bosworth - non base

RE: Katykeed
That's sad. My condolences to his family, I remember him around the boards and always liked his personality here.

55 seems too young for someone to go...

I am so sorry for your loss, Nathan.
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

sorry to hear that.....prayers to you and your family

Very sad to hear! I completed a couple of trades with Eddie over the past year or so that I've been on the boards, was always a pleasure to deal with. You and your family are in our thoughts!

He was so young and it is a shame that such a great man had to leave us. Thank you for sharing this memorial with the Becket Community, Nate! We truly do appreciate all that Eddie offered to the Boards, and the friendships that he made here will not be forgotten. Here is to a great trader, friend, and overall person! Thank you again and God Bless!

Randi

he was very well liked around here and will be very missed
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I made a couple deals with Eddie here and there over the last few years, he was always very cordial and easy to deal with. My condolences to the whole family, it's very sad to hear this news. Sorry for your loss Nathan.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/