`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
"Caught" up with someone yesterday

"Caught" up with someone yesterday
A couple of months ago I had the pleasure of meeting up with Tomas Vokoun at the local ice rink I play at here in Coral Springs, Fl. He signed my Pittsburgh Penguins 2013-14 game issued Stanley Cup playoff jersey of his. during that meet, I told him about my game worn Penguins collection and asked him if he had any Penguins gear I would be able to buy from him to add into my collection.

WELL! To my surprise....he offered me a goalie catcher. He exchanged phone numbers with me (which blew me away!) to make it easier for us to meet up.

Finally yesterday....after both of our vacations and my work...we finally met up and he gave me the goalie catcher.....he said it was used during the 2013 season. He signed it prior to bringing it as well. In addition to the catcher, he also personalized and signed an 8x10 to each of my kids.

Prior to preseason & being diagnosed with his blood clots.....he signed & gave my daughter his goal stick he used in practice the day she got to watch him!

It was a very awesome experience to be able to obtain such a cool piece from the player himself. He is nothing short of a class act!

THANK YOU TOMAS!

[Image: DSC_0005_crop.jpg]

[Image: 1_crop.jpg]

[Image: 3_crop.jpg]

[Image: 20140820_162908.jpg]

[Image: 20140820_162923.jpg]

[Image: 20140820_163310.jpg]
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

RE: "Caught" up with someone yesterday
AWESOME!!!!!
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

what a class act. I've always liked that guy, this just makes me like him that much more. sweetness for such good athletes like that who dont forget where they came from
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

Always amazing to hear your stories from the local arena, Hugh! Congrats on the brilliant Igloo Locker Room item, and a huge kudos to a wonderful person in Tomas Vokoun!

Randi

That is SO AWESOME, thanks for sharing!!!!!!
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

Wow! This is how we wish all athletes were. He seems like a thankful person who knows how to treat people. Great story.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

What a great experience! Thanks for sharing!