`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2 more blasters and a hanger of Platinum

RE: 2 more blasters and a hanger of Platinum
(08-22-2014, 02:34 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: This year, hmmm?
Kris Bryant auto ... Bowman Retail ... Better than anything I got in 6 Hobby boxes
Jay Bruce auto .... Heritage Retail .... Better than anything I got in 3 hobby boxes
Sonny Gray Auto .... A&G Retail .... Better than anything I got in 2 hobby boxes
You might have something there!

Yeah, i mean the guaranteed hits arent there but just based on what i see reported the chances of a better hit seem much higher

Chiming in late...but I think Topps realized that folks were staying away from retail in prior years BECAUSE for the most part you got next to nothing but base cards and inserts. (there's always the exception....hit a Willie Mays auto Redemption from retail in 2012). Alot of product left over on the store shelves at years end. More retail exclusives and better "hit" %.......I suspect that we will not be seeing too many marked down blasters of 2014 Topps product in the future.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-23-2014, 01:57 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Chiming in late...but I think Topps realized that folks were staying away from retail in prior years BECAUSE for the most part you got next to nothing but base cards and inserts. (there's always the exception....hit a Willie Mays auto Redemption from retail in 2012). Alot of product left over on the store shelves at years end. More retail exclusives and better "hit" %.......I suspect that we will not be seeing too many marked down blasters of 2014 Topps product in the future.
I believe your lack of markdown prediction to be accurate. There seems to be less and less over the past 2 years and probably even less in the year to come. My assumption was that re packing them made the distributor more money than marking them down. They were able to unload cheaper packs with some better packs and still get $20 per box.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.