`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone got a great Trout BIN deal

RE: Someone got a great Trout BIN deal
(08-24-2014, 06:17 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: The listing only lasted 9min lol.....
I noticed that too, at first I thought it was 9 seconds lol... if the majority of the $$ was handled outside of ebay the buyer runs the risk of getting screwed.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Nice card. I'm always looking for Trout cards and never seen that one.

(08-24-2014, 05:49 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: There is no gold ice.
There's Gold /2011
There's diamond, cognac, canary yellow, black, platinum but nothing like that. I have a cognac, and it looks nothing like that 'gold ice' in the picture. Something isn't quite right. It's not from 2011 Chrome, since update cards weren't reprinted, and the back still had the US175 alphanumeric. Very Weird. Custom made? Tanner can probably print one of those with no problem. Tan-Man? Any insight?
DrM...there is a whole parallel (I'll call it...gold sparkle) set. I sold my Trout "gold sparkle" for like $50 in 2012. I was joking concerning the "Gold Ice" as the seller probably didn'yt know what to call them, and no it wasn't the canary, I have a bunch of these in a box in my garage.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-24-2014, 06:19 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: That's why I don't think it was an arranged sale. Too risky running it as a BIN. anyone could have grabbed it and the seller would have been screwed.
nope. the time varies, but bins arent available in searches generally for 20-30 minutes. the only way to know is to know the actual number, which only the seller would know. which again, points to an outside transaction

i have done this a number of times with my customers who want toi be able to leave me a positive transaction feedback

there is another way to do this, more messy, and more dishonest (buy it, cancel it, seller gets fees back, buyer still gets card, both can still leave feedback. cant use that all the time though...too many and ebay nabs you for it

2011 Topps Update #US175 Mike Trout RC
2011 Topps Update Black #US175 Mike Trout /60
2011 Topps Update Cognac Diamond Anniversary #US175 Mike Trout
2011 Topps Update Diamond Anniversary #US175 Mike Trout
2011 Topps Update Gold #US175 Mike Trout /2011
2011 Topps Update Gold Canary Diamond #US175 Mike Trout
2011 Topps Update Hope Diamond Anniversary #US175 Mike Trout
2011 Topps Update Platinum #US175 Mike Trout
2011 Topps Update Printing Plates Black #US175 Mike Trout
2011 Topps Update Printing Plates Cyan #US175 Mike Trout
2011 Topps Update Printing Plates Magenta #US175 Mike Trout
2011 Topps Update Printing Plates Yellow #US175 Mike Trout
Oh yeah, Walmart blue and target red border
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-24-2014, 06:49 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: DrM...there is a whole parallel (I'll call it...gold sparkle) set. I sold my Trout "gold sparkle" for like $50 in 2012. I was joking concerning the "Gold Ice" as the seller probably didn'yt know what to call them, and no it wasn't the canary, I have a bunch of these in a box in my garage.
I'm an idiot....it was a white sparkle I sold. The "gold sparkles" are from 2012.

Re-looked at the card in the auction.....looks like a "camo sparkle" lol. Agree DrM, something not right here....unless there were special update wrapper redemptions or a "special set" distributed
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-24-2014, 07:06 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I'm an idiot....it was a white sparkle I sold. The "gold sparkles" are from 2012.

Re-looked at the card in the auction.....looks like a "camo sparkle" lol. Agree DrM, something not right here....unless there were special update wrapper redemptions or a "special set" distributed
No, you're not. It's hard to keep track with all the years and different parallels. Easy mistake. And you're right, looks Camo-like! I just looked at a few other cognac cards, and in certain lights it has that camo like appearance. So probably not a fake, and yeah, someone got a freakin' steal!
Also, the seller made up his own name for the Cognac, because if he ever bothered to look it up prior to selling it, he would have found the proper name, and wouldn't have sold it that cheap Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Wow! I'm just speechless.
I collect Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., and Philadelphia Eagles autographed graded cards!

omg, what a steal

I think the seller might not have known the value. After all if you look at his other auctions, he isn't exactly listing high-end cards and he isn't the best lister either (considering he spelled Mickey Mantle as MANTEL).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/