`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gallo vs Bryant

Gallo vs Bryant
Why are Kris Bryan'ts cards going for so much more right now than Joey Gallo? If you look at their 2014 stats totaled between 2 different levels for each they are almost identical and I mean identical across the board. I know that Bryant is playing at a higher level, but he also almost a full two years older than Gallo. Gallo Chrome Auto RC BGS 9.5 going for $100-$140, Bryant same base Chrome auto RC BGS 9.5 going for over $700. Any thoughts?

RE: Gallo vs Bryant
bryant is hot because he was a high pick and rocketed through the minors.

Personally I like gallo's price being low since I collect him being a Rangers fan but this year his cards have nearly doubled, the value is slowly going up now that he is getting more national attention.

I think a lot of it has to do with Bryant getting the media attention, and being a higher pick and a higher ranked prospect...Gallo is no slouch he's got pure 80grade power, and is quite fast for such a large guy

Great points! I think the whole Cubs farm system in general is starting to get a lot of pub now with the addition of Addison Russell. Jorge Soler has come back this month and is raking in his first week back.

I still think Gallo's cards could be a steal at these prices though, if you look at what guys like Bryant are going for. He is still just 20 years old. If you took their names off the page and put Gallo and Bryants stat lines together from this year you wouldn't know who's who almost.

(07-11-2014, 07:49 AM)JoshHarrison5 Wrote: Great points! I think the whole Cubs farm system in general is starting to get a lot of pub now with the addition of Addison Russell. Jorge Soler has come back this month and is raking in his first week back.

I still think Gallo's cards could be a steal at these prices though, if you look at what guys like Bryant are going for. He is still just 20 years old. If you took their names off the page and put Gallo and Bryants stat lines together from this year you wouldn't know who's who almost.
Gallo has Legit power, and he's working on seeing more pitches and being selective right now. He was jumped to AA and just kept mashing the ball at a ridiculous rate.

Not only is he hitting HR's he's doing it in all directions of the field and hitting longer homeruns than some have ever seen in the texas league.

Right now he's been playing DH and 3b but they tried him at 1b the other day, my guess is he ends up in RF for a few games as well. He's not a bad defender and has very deceptive speed for someone so massive.

I'm not kidding he is a very large human!

Real test will be to see how he adapts at the ML level

That was probably the most impressive thing about Gallo in the video I watched was his power to the opposite field for such a young kid that is an excellent sign.

so ur saying i should get some Gallo autos now huh?? lol

(07-11-2014, 10:45 AM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: so ur saying i should get some Gallo autos now huh?? lol
Haha, I'm not saying that....I was just simply saying if you look at their numbers for this season their lines are identical, yet one is 2 years younger and his cards are trading at 1/7 price of Bryants.

(07-11-2014, 10:45 AM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: so ur saying i should get some Gallo autos now huh?? lol
yes, but I wouldn't go crazy

(07-11-2014, 07:39 AM)rentzington Wrote: bryant is hot because he was a high pick and rocketed through the minors.
+1. Not rippen the player, but every market year has over-hyped players that everyone is trying to secure at least 1 card and there are only so many to go around. Check out Harper's cards in about 3-4 years when everyone finally realizes he's not the "chosen one". Very good player (don't give me the he's only 21 or 22 sob-story), not a great player............

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

+1. Not rippen the player, but every market year has over-hyped players that everyone is trying to secure at least 1 card and there are only so many to go around. Check out Harper's cards in about 3-4 years when everyone finally realizes he's not the "chosen one". Very good player (don't give me the he's only 21 or 22 sob-story), not a great player............

I wouldn't go that far on Harper yet....the kid had 2 solid seasons for his age to start his career and then had the injury this year which hampered the start of his season. I don't think he's going to be the "chosen one" either, but I wouldn't rule out a "great player" yet....still way to early to say that IMO. I would buy 1 Gallo max right now.

Bryant is also viewed as the Cubs Savior... I collect Bryant because he's a Vegas kid. He came up in the same Little League Chapter my boys play in. He's a solid and gives back to the Vegas community. He is the Anti-Bryce Harper ( also from Vegas). I hope he outshines Harper one day soon.
I only ship on the 5th Tuesday of each month or Leap Day... which ever comes last.