`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just curious.....Do you collect based on the players home country?

Just curious.....Do you collect based on the players home country?
With baseball being represented by so many countries, I was wondering if any collectors on Beckett put extra effort into collecting based on a country of origin?

I put a card up for sale today and after doing some research, the former player is now mayor back in the Dominican Republic. I thought that was interesting.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: Just curious.....Do you collect based on the players home country?
I don't discriminate....I collect everyone from everywhere regardless of nationality. LOL. I do get what your saying. Our good friend and my fellow Phillie Phan down in the Venezu probably does.

As you are not shilling here, who is the former player now mayor?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

One of my Pc (see my sig Reno Bertoia) is from my hometown. I don't collect anyone because they are Canadian, but hometown for Reno (and I met him more than a few times) yes. Thinking of starting to PC other guys from Windsor Ontario (Joe Siddal, Stubby Clapp) but haven't started that yet.
Note: Really should start a Stubby Clapp one since I played against him in little league.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

There's a guy on another forum who actually made a list of every country represented by a major league player and is only 3-4 short of accomplishing his goal. Pretty cool and unique.
I know collectors that go after Asian born players or certain countries only
no org, please do not send trade requests

What Magglio card did you sell?

I do, but not in baseball. In basketball I collect Luol Deng and Joel Freeland because they're British. Only because its pretty rare to find a British guy in American sports because we don't play a lot, and I think its a good reason to PC someone, kinda like collecting the guy from your hometown. I don't think there's anyone in baseball right now who's British (could easily be wrong) but if there was I'd definitely consider collecting him.
[Image: Bloomfield%2BRoad%2BPanoramic%2B2-1.jpg]

(07-05-2014, 11:11 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I don't discriminate....I collect everyone from everywhere regardless of nationality. LOL. I do get what your saying. Our good friend and my fellow Phillie Phan down in the Venezu probably does.

As you are not shilling here, who is the former player now mayor?
Raul Mondesi
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

I collect tom Brunansky because my dad and his friend coached him in little league in West Covina Ca. I am also thinking of collecting Anthony Munoz because he is from my hometown of Ontario Ca.