`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Stanley Cup Final Game-Worn Jersey and of a 400+ Win Goalie!

RE: My First Stanley Cup Final Game-Worn Jersey and of a 400+ Win Goalie!
(07-05-2014, 06:08 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: When you put up your stats like that, i never realized how decent osgood was...i wonder how he did with other teams compared to how he did with the wings Wink either way, its a wonderful addition to your collection.

on a side note, whats the deal with the message on the fight strap. was that added by him? the manufacture? or any idea on that? I've never seen such a thing.
He was as I say, the invisible star. He didn't play with many other teams for too long, but he got a 49-39-10 record with the Islanders and a 35-28-10 record with the Blues. I say it doesn't really matter though as he did all his winning he ever needed to with a great team in front of him in the Wings. They were never able to win big with Hodson, CuJo, Legace, Cheveldae, Howard, etc. but with the right goalies, Hasek, Vernon, Osgood, they won. Just like with Roy and Brodeur, simply having a good team is enough to win big and deserved of recognition. Bad teams with good goalies never win the Cup.

That is an Osgood only thing. It is sewn directly into the fastening above the fight strap and even though I have looked, I have found no other jersey from that Cup run of any other player that featured such an after-addition with the exception of Osgood's red and white Finals jerseys.

(07-05-2014, 06:19 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: That is an Osgood only thing. It is sewn directly into the fastening above the fight strap and even though I have looked, I have found no other jersey from that Cup run of any other player that featured such an after-addition with the exception of Osgood's red and white Finals jerseys.
Bruce - while that may be true for that specific year, he's not the only player to have done that.

06-07 Dominik Hasek
[Image: 9665238900_6c0e8ccf5a.jpg]

and Osgood hasn't always done that

06-07 Chris Osgood
[Image: 9662083617_6b086271ae.jpg]
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

I am to assume then that Osgood got that inspiration from Hasek since they had never been in a playoff run together before that point.

I have not seen either players' 2007-08 Cup Final sweaters, so I'd be curious if they both did the Miracle Cloth thing that year.

That's Osgood as it gets! Haha

Great addition!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

As a lifelong Chicago fan, I can still say, "Amazing!"
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(07-06-2014, 10:50 AM)irbefan4life Wrote: I am to assume then that Osgood got that inspiration from Hasek since they had never been in a playoff run together before that point.

I have not seen either players' 2007-08 Cup Final sweaters, so I'd be curious if they both did the Miracle Cloth thing that year.
I would assume the same. I had actually never seen any other player use the Miracle Cloth until your post. Hasek did have a habit of doing it - while I haven't personally seen any others, I have heard stories (including one from HockeyTown Authentics personnel) of him doing it in many (or possibly every) jersey.

GWA auctioned off a Hasek 07-08 SCF in November of 2012, but no mention of the Miracle Cloth, or photo

[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)