`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Grading Service to Use?

Which Grading Service to Use?
I have about 200 cards that is a mixture of 1970-1995 and a few vintage cards as well.

What is the best grading service to use? Is there a discount for amt of cards?

I have a few cards graded by PSA that I do not agree with.... will Becket grading be still able to regrade it .

I do like that Becket compared to PSA will tell you what determined the grade they gave. Disappointed in PSA.

Thanks for any and all the help you provide.

RE: Which Grading Service to Use?
i think psa is the most expensive and their grading is kinda sucky, the way i see it though BGS and stuff is like for any newer cards really Smile and SGC is for any older cards and etc like tobacco cards and from like 1900-1930 or so i would say cards look awesome in an SGC slab but lately apparently they've become more popular and etc, I would have to say maybe go with BGS and stuff since PSA imo is kinda expensive and you don't get as good as a grading service normally with them so go with BGS?

Go to each companies site, read about them, research them, inspect the holders of each on your own, and go with what makes you comfortable as, bottom line, it's your collection.

The "best" grading service to use is the one that YOU are most comfortable with, not what somebody else likes.

Beckett 100%
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

Psa has a better resale value!
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I have a 1972 card of both Lou Brock and Bob Gibson. Would BGS be the place too send them for grading?

(06-27-2014, 11:47 AM)stwainfan Wrote: I have a 1972 card of both Lou Brock and Bob Gibson. Would BGS be the place too send them for grading?
No.....send to BVG
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(06-26-2014, 06:56 PM)dander565duff Wrote: I have about 200 cards that is a mixture of 1970-1995 and a few vintage cards as well.

What is the best grading service to use? Is there a discount for amt of cards?

I have a few cards graded by PSA that I do not agree with.... will Beckett grading be still able to regrade it .

I do like that Beckett compared to PSA will tell you what determined the grade they gave. Disappointed in PSA.

Thanks for any and all the help you provide.
First things first. 1970 is vintage. Vintage is pre-1981. With Beckett, vintage cards have their own Grading service. It is BVG. Beckett Vintage Grading takes into account the older cards and the manufacturing process at the time.

There are specials for Beckett Grading every month.

Yes, Beckett can regrade PSA, SGC or any other grading services. I'd stick with PSA or SGC for regrading. However, it is quite expensive, though. That's mainly how I Grade with Beckett, though. There's an explanation of all the fees on this website. I haven't done it in a while, so I'll try to remember in order to give you a baseline, target price It's $5 for cracking out each card. And the cross over fee for each card. And then the fee for which ever service level you pick.

I hope that this is of some help.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!