`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Set To Complete?

Which Set To Complete?
I'm looking to build a set that I can complete. I want it to be a challenge, but not close to impossible. I tend to like the more vintage looking cards like Topps Heritage, Ginters,etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!

RE: Which Set To Complete?
A&G, fun set, a nice challenge especially if you get in to the mini's. Tons of set collectors out there for both brands so trading off doubles should be fairly easy.
Good Luck!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

If you really like the vintage cards how about trying to complete a vintage set i know you may not get packs to open but still a challenge and plenty of vintage sets that arent impossible to complete as well

It's a thought,but really prefer opening packs. Thanks.

Gypsy queen is a nice set to as well as A&G. I may try the A&G next year. I did the 2012 Heritage for the '63 design and it was awesome. Took some time due to the SP's but finished it 1-500 and some of the inserts as well.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Heritage because of the super short printed cards. They give a nice challenge and they look nice!Smile

I am not a set collector but my vote is for Heritage. I like how they change it up year to year.
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

Judging from your avatar, I would recommend the 2001 Fleer Red Sox 100th set with all it's inserts. Vintage players mixed with "then" current stars, all in Red Sox unis. This is the last set I built from scratch and did not buy already completed. I couldn't afford all of the GU/Autos so I just got one of each to represent the set.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html