`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I keep this set sealed

Should I keep this set sealed
Ok i know most times you should keep complete sets sealed and not open them. However a friend of mine bought me some cards today and among them was a 2008 U.D. Yankee Stadium Legacy 100 card set. Should I keep this set sealed it in a retail blaster box is the only reason why I am considering opening it

RE: Should I keep this set sealed
I opened mine and reading the cards was fun. It's no fun in the box. Sad collectibility-wise, I don't think it's all that rare of an item, so reselling it sealed probably won't matter all that much .... Besides, what if they sneak in a bonus Jeter auto, and you never opened it Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-24-2014, 09:00 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I opened mine and reading the cards was fun. It's no fun in the box. Sad collectibility-wise, I don't think it's all that rare of an item, so reselling it sealed probably won't matter all that much .... Besides, what if they sneak in a bonus Jeter auto, and you never opened it Smile

+1
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

+2. When I open stuff, it gets looked at from time to time......otherwise the box sits on a shelf in the basement/garage (only 2 currently). Open it up and enjoy!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Open it. There's nothing to gain by leaving it sealed.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

You can't really enjoy it if it's not open.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I went ahead and opened it I have several factory sealed sets from the 80's and 90's i never opened but i also have tons of cards from those years to look at if i want lol. I just wasnt sure about value of this set if opened but it was a blaster box. Have to say nice looking cards even if they are of Yankees lol.

(06-29-2014, 10:42 AM)hi desert paul Wrote: I went ahead and opened it I have several factory sealed sets from the 80's and 90's i never opened but i also have tons of cards from those years to look at if i want lol. I just wasnt sure about value of this set if opened but it was a blaster box. Have to say nice looking cards even if they are of Yankees lol.
Lots of good history to read on the back of that set. The other factory sets? Keep them sealed, they might have a more intrinsic value as a sealed factory set vs. hand collation sets.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.