`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kershaw!

Kershaw!
Just had to share some joy with some other baseball fans, I've been watching and listening to Dodger games for nearly 30 years, and I have been lucky enough to hear Vin call most of them. However, tonight was probably the coolest night I have ever had in my life as a fan. I was only 4 years old when Gibson hit his homer and have missed each of the Dodger no-hitters for one reason or another. Tonight it all came together. I was looking forward to Kershaw taking the mound since Monday and I knew I would be able to catch the whole game on TV, I had the privilege of listening to Vin call the entire game in Dodger Stadium from start to finish with my dad sitting next to me. It doesn't get any better than that. I know all of you have that one moment that sticks with you forever. Pretty sure mine happened tonight. Hope he can stay healthy for the duration of his career because we're really getting to witness something special.
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

RE: Kershaw!
What an awesome, near-perfect game. No Hitter with 15Ks. Wow! Kershaw was on fire! That one error sucked ... Should have gotten him ... but lucky they didn't rule it a hitSmile Vin Scully is the best in the biz at announcing a game. He's a national treasure! I keep my MLB sub just so I can hear him. It's funny, I just switched over o the Dodgers Game after watching a Yankeeography about Guidry's 18K game June 17, 1978 and thought that Kershaw had a chance tonight of beating that plus a perfect game? That would have been insane!!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Not a Dodger's fan but a big Kershaw fan. Stayed up til 1:00 AM on the east coast just to watch the whole thing. And I have to get me kids up for school in the morning.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

I have to say Im a little pissed about this new TV deal the Dodgers made with Time Warner i dont have Time Warner in my area and they have yet to release or sell their hostage of Dodger games to other carriers as promised so I have missed all the games except the ones shown on ESPN this year and then you dont get to hear Vin Scully do those ones.

He's the best pitcher in baseball in my opinion, don't think it's even close!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

As a Rockies fan it sucks for that to happen to your team, but regardless of which team(s) anyone roots for, that was one of the most dominating pitching performances in a long, long time!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]