`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Topps Pro Debut Full Item Redemption

2013 Topps Pro Debut Full Item Redemption
So, I arrived home today to two packages, 1 a purchase, and the other from Topps. I was surprised, because maybe a week ago I had checked the status of my 2013 Topps Pro Debut- Full Item redemption and it was still pending. Well, regardless, it arrived today, 11 months after redeeming it, and I'm a little disappointed I guess. I presumed it would be a ball, jersey, bat, some sort of minor-league game used item, as they led to believe you would receive- No... it's a team logo magnet from the 2013 draft board. Is it technically a full-sized item? Technically, sure. I feel duped though, because this is not what they made it sound like you would be getting. I'm thinking about putting myself through the pain that calling their CS will be, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on how to proceed with this. (The only upside, I suppose, is that it's from the Washington Nationals, who are my favorite team).

[Image: Untitled_zpsc3eee402.png]

They also sent along a print-out that basically states the item is authentic and such that I will post a scan/picture of, if requested.
Baseball: Scott Olsen: 174/336 (51.8%)
A.J. Jimenez: 63/120 (52.5%)
Alberto Tirado: 62/103 (60.2%)

Hockey: Connor Clifton: 100/135 (74.1%) - 99/117 non 1-of-1s (84.6%)

RE: 2013 Topps Pro Debut Full Item Redemption
weak. that's a bummer.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

My condolences on a pretty crappy redemption, your team or not. Not much you can do but call CS and vent. Nothing will come of it.

or.....

Thats a pretty cool little item. I'd try to find a picture of a drafted player putting thier name up on the board with the magnet in the picture and get it (picture) signed by that player/s. Would made a nice little exhibit. Never know, you could probably get the player or thier family to buy it off you.

Depends on how you want to look at it I guess........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Happened to another and posted on two other message boards.

That person called topps and of course, they played dumb not knowing why a magnet was sent.

Per the sell sheet, it states card is redeemable for full sized item FROM MINOR LEAGUE GAME.

Look, it's a cool item but NOT what was promised. Fight it.

That is weak. I'd be pissed for waiting 11 months for something you can pick up at the mall. I'd call just to vent to somebody. And like Bbcgalaxee said, it is not an item from a minor league game so I'd fight it too. I know when UD tried to screw me, I filled out the online form for the Better Business Bureau and once they got involved they did make it better. I'm not going to lie, it was a PITA to do it and hoops to jump through but at least I didn't feel like they won at the end. At this point, you really have nothing to lose. Kind of a cool item since it is your team and all but I'd still be very disappointed. Congrats on even getting an item though, those were super tough to pull!

I'd call and raise hell about it personally. although that is a random weird/cool item if its for your team that thing has zero value maybe if the players drafted signed it also? who knows but yeah that stinks - even if I were a Nats fan I'd be pretty disappointed/feel mislead about that mystery redemption
holy crap I just looked on the other board... that thing is really only 4" by 3" also?! I didn't even think of the size in proportion to the MLB hologram...wow that is horrible haha (sorry to laugh at your misfortune there but wow!)
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Complain like crazy ... It's the suckiest redemption ever! Totally misrepresented what they were giving you! Wow, it's a freakin' Fridge Magnet, for GOD's sake! WTF! Heck, even if they'd put a sticker auto on it, that would have at least made it into something barely better.
Call Topps early, the last 2 times I got right through!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

the person on the board that shalln't be named also said it was just a cheap printout affixed to a magnet backing (that person got burnt for two of them!)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

(06-18-2014, 09:56 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: My condolences on a pretty crappy redemption, your team or not. Not much you can do but call CS and vent. Nothing will come of it.

or.....

Thats a pretty cool little item. I'd try to find a picture of a drafted player putting thier name up on the board with the magnet in the picture and get it (picture) signed by that player/s. Would made a nice little exhibit. Never know, you could probably get the player or thier family to buy it off you.

Depends on how you want to look at it I guess........
actually, that would make a great auto project, depending on how big it is...get all the players drafted that year to sign it

its only about 3" x 4" according to the other person that got a pair of them
1/1's (28/72 39%)