`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6

RE: case: break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2
(06-18-2014, 08:48 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: You seem to be doing pretty well for yourself, Doc. At least for trade bait. The yanks gotta be coming soon.
Hope so Jared!
Got some Twins base cards put aside for you, if you need'em. LMK.
(06-18-2014, 05:59 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: That is a sweet Griffey card!
Thanks. Much nicer in person than pictured!

(06-18-2014, 09:56 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Sweet sonny gray.....DieHard A's fan here so I biased....Smile would love to have it but saw you said you were saving it for someone else...Sad.....good luck on the rest of the cares whatever you decide to do with it
Actually Keeping Sonny for my PC. Sorry. But if I ever want to trade him, I know who to ask.
(06-18-2014, 10:53 PM)aprirr Wrote: Not too shabby so far, Doc. Congrats!
Thanks, Aaron! No Lucroy cards in this Series. Hopefully when Update comes around?
(06-18-2014, 08:53 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome 2nd box! I know how my Rickey looks in person, that Griffey must be phenominal! Congrats on a great hit. Falling in love with Gold Label all over again....LOL. Sweet gold ring card. 2nd box is better than the 1st, which was a very nice box. I still need to go through my base and look for the sparkels. Man I'm not seeing any pinks at all. Must be in one of your other boxes...LOL. I predict Yankees box is coming up next. Saw your buybacks....a Braves fan will want 2, not sure who collects that Washington Nat. League team, but a Nate Colbert would have been a nice hit (I know the story so save yourself some typing) and I'm not sure if Willie McCovey was with them at that point or not. Anyway, I digress....thanks for sharing and look forward to box #3...you know, your Yankee box!!!! Best of luck.
Thanks, Joe!
Yep, Gold Label is a beaut of a card!
The Sparkle cards are/were easy to find when you are opening the jumbo packs. They're in the middle with all the inserts. Once you mix them into the general population, they're going to be really hard to track down again. Someone told me that they're suppose to be one per case. ... So the proverbial needle in the haystack Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

We're hoping he has an All Star card in Update this year!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(06-19-2014, 02:18 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The Sparkle cards are/were easy to find when you are opening the jumbo packs. They're in the middle with all the inserts. Once you mix them into the general population, they're going to be really hard to track down again. Someone told me that they're suppose to be one per case. ... So the proverbial needle in the haystack Smile
Thanks...I'll know for next time. Found the Teixeira going through the 600's (used another site for a list!!!!!). He's in the "Yankee" pile which will be going out next week........still have the 300-500's to go through and put in order. Also "found" the Cole Future Stars SP. Sending the Trout SP out to RJ.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-19-2014, 09:33 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Thanks...I'll know for next time. Found the Teixeira going through the 600's (used another site for a list!!!!!). He's in the "Yankee" pile which will be going out next week........still have the 300-500's to go through and put in order. Also "found" the Cole Future Stars SP. Sending the Trout SP out to RJ.
Very Cool!
This site is very helpful with a visual guide, but those sparkles are hard to find, even when you know where to look Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: case: break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3
Box #3

Once again, gotta give it a Grade A (A+ if I were a Twins fan ... Jared, I got your box Smile )
Another Great box ... Only thing holding this box back from an A+ is lack of color s/n cards!
Oh, And another St. Louis hit ... Card Gods trying to tell me something ? Smile
And I Had another 2 great cards in this box

I think I am going to be addicted to case breaks!

Relics:
Aaron Hicks GU
Rod Carew Ring card /99
auto:
Peter Bourjos

Black border /63
None

Camo /99
None

No pink, no clear, no silver

Future Star reprints:
Longoria, Henderson

SP cards:
Miguel Cabrera Sabermetrics , Trout Futures Game uni.

5 minis, 5 saberstars, 4 powerplayers, 10 @ Future is Now, gold and red foil cards

one Tanaka RC one Abreu RC

Extra Hit 1/1 printing plate of Jason Vargas

[Image: null_zps6db3ab0f.jpg]
[Image: null_zps4bdc242a.jpg]
[Image: null_zps7d8fcc6b.jpg]

All FT except Trout and Cabrera

Congrats on the Trout SP and the Carew gold class ring. Like that the stripe is almost perfectly centered on the Hicks relic. Plates are always nice sprinkeled thoughout the collection. Agree-gets an A grade. Are you doing the power play game. I have my cards but not sure if I want to play....no luck the past couple years.......

Choose wisely my friend....LOL.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-20-2014, 08:57 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats on the Trout SP and the Carew gold class ring. Like that the stripe is almost perfectly centered on the Hicks relic. Plates are always nice sprinkeled thoughout the collection. Agree-gets an A grade. Are you doing the power play game. I have my cards but not sure if I want to play....no luck the past couple years.......

Choose wisely my friend....LOL.
Thanks, Joe.
I have maybe 30+ powerplayers cards loaded and have no idea if I'm playing or not?
Either it's the most simple game ever and I don't know that I'm even involved or it's really difficult and totally on a different plane than my brain. So, I don't know if I should load in more or just give them to someone that understands what they're doing and have a chance at something?

My big question ... Open box #4?

Now that is one mighty fine box. That Carew is a nice looking card. Gonna have to get some stuff together to try and pry that one away from you!

(06-20-2014, 11:10 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Box #3

Once again, gotta give it a Grade A (A+ if I were a Twins fan ... Jared, I got your box Smile )
Another Great box ... Only thing holding this box back from an A+ is lack of color s/n cards!
Oh, And another St. Louis hit ... Card Gods trying to tell me something ? Smile
And I Had another 2 great cards in this box

I think I am going to be addicted to case breaks!

Relics:
Aaron Hicks GU
Rod Carew Ring card /99
auto:
Peter Bourjos

Black border /63
None

Camo /99
None

No pink, no clear, no silver

Future Star reprints:
Longoria, Henderson

SP cards:
Miguel Cabrera Sabermetrics , Trout Futures Game uni.

5 minis, 5 saberstars, 4 powerplayers, 10 @ Future is Now, gold and red foil cards

one Tanaka RC one Abreu RC

Extra Hit 1/1 printing plate of Jason Vargas

[Image: null_zps6db3ab0f.jpg]
[Image: null_zps4bdc242a.jpg]
[Image: null_zps7d8fcc6b.jpg]

All FT except Trout and Cabrera
Kepler

I'll be glad to take the Bourjos auto along with the Siegrist auto. Got to get my Cardinals. lol

(06-21-2014, 11:38 AM)cspen Wrote: I'll be glad to take the Bourjos auto along with the Siegrist auto. Got to get my Cardinals. lol
You might want to wait until I'm done .... It seems that I have a Cardinals case ... I opened box #4 ... And got another Cardinals auto! Maybe it's time to start a Cards Collection? .... Nah, but sure wish I had a Yankees case instead.
(06-21-2014, 11:17 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Now that is one mighty fine box. That Carew is a nice looking card. Gonna have to get some stuff together to try and pry that one away from you!
Figured that Hicks and Carew will eventually be going your way Smile