`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Good (lucky) Mail Day

A Good (lucky) Mail Day
I was very excited when I checked out eBay to see an elusive 1/1 of one of my PC guys!
It was an auction with a BIN option, and although I feel I might have been better off letting market prices prevail, I pulled the BIN before getting unlucky and have some bidding war ... Or forgetting to bid before it closed.

So, why was it a lucky mail day, other than nailing down a 1/1? Well It seems that the guy I purchased from was a real cheap dude. He mailed a $55 card (yeah, like I said before ..., probably overpaid it) in a toploader w/ pennysleeve in a large padded envelope ... Giving it way too much wiggle room to slip totally out of the toploader. I was lucky, all the edges looked good and no visible sign of damage. .... But really? $55 card with $3 shipping ... Invest in a 10cent team bag? Too expensive? Maybe a piece of paper around it with a piece of tape? Some people .... What are they thinking?

So here it is .... Without further adieu ... My 2013 Tribute Casey Kelly onyx 1/1

[Image: null_zps2eab466d.jpg]

I believe that the scratch seen here was on the surface of the one-touch. I'll confirm when I get home to see it again. I didn't notice anything before. Hmmmm? Maybe not lucky ... I'll have to keep you posted.

Here are some others that I already have.

[Image: null_zps2d9bf935.jpg]

[Image: null_zps946bb286.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: A Good (lucky) Mail Day
I can't wait until Max Kepler takes Casey Kelly deep during their first interleague matchup. We'll be the only guys watching from afar that knows anything about either guy. lol
Kepler

shipping like that is such a pet peeve of mine. Even in team bags though cards can slide out of the top holder, i've gotten a damaged card that was in a penny sleeve inside a toploader in a team bag but the card was slightly loose and worked its way out of the top of the holder.

looks good bro

i spent 12 bucks + 3 bucks shipping on a card recently and it was in a PSA slab and etc and he even put cardboard around it so it didnt wiggle around and stuff lol

It looks like it's on the one touch to me. Great looking card!!!
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

sweet rainbow and congrats.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Nice pickup. Congratulations.