`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Worst and dumbest day ever

Worst and dumbest day ever
So I buy a Ryan Sandberg 2013 Cooperstown signature for my set $45.00, not a bad deal. Nice blue on card auto. Get it 08/90-nice low number, clean auto.
I enter it into my data base, open my safe to file it with the rest of the set along with the Gillick I just got. (So I have two cards in my hand).
I remove my Cooperstown box from the safe (behind my desk) and set it on the shredder behind my desk, I reach inside the box to get my smaller box out and I hear this noise, something pulling my hand, CRAP CRAP CRAP, I pull my hand back, no use.
In my haste I got the cards in my hand too close to the shredder and it got one (when I put the box on the shredder it turned it to auto).
I'm saying please Please if there is a card god let it be Gillick getting chopped into a hundred pieces.
It wasn't Gillick---One very nice Ryan Sandberg auto now shredded.
I hope today is better.
If anyone knows Ryan, please don't tell him some of us shred his auto after he goes through all that work.
WORST day ever!
PS--I'm still looking to trade in your favor for 2012 or 2013 Cooperstown autos-Thanks
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

RE: Worst and dumbest day ever
............wow dude... that's rough.. I would put my own hand in there after doing that and then smash the hell out of it. But that's just me.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Rough one! We all have stories of our mishaps, never heard of a shedder one though. Just think though, in a couple of months, you'll be laughing about it.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

OMG!!!

And now you want to trade in our favor for our autos??

I'm sorry. I don't think we can allow you to enter Heaven now.

You may want to rethink your username for the time being.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(06-11-2014, 07:25 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Sorry to hear of your loss. Rough one! We all have stories of our mishaps, never heard of a shedder one though. Just think though, in a couple of months, you'll be laughing about it.
First shredder accident I've ever heard about! Ouch, that had to be a horrible feeling. I don't think he'll ever laugh about it ... More likely 'wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat screaming' for a couple of years Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Sorry to hear about your card...... but you always do tell great stories no matter what the topic or subject is ..... You know how to paint the picture !!!!
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

I guess it's time for you to move the shredder...Ouch Sad
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Wow that sucks. If only there was a redo button for situations like that.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Sorry. That really hurts. I can hear the machine going on since I have one. Again sorry.