`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do these cards even exist?

RE: Do these cards even exist?
(06-19-2014, 10:58 PM)nittany13 Wrote: FWIW I currently own 75%+ of the OPG listed Kerry Collins cards, including the 1/1s, and I must admit that I have yet to acquire one of the above listed ones. I think I remember seeing an autographed one on auction years ago with an unreasonable BIN price, but my memory may be playing tricks on me. If I see a rare card of a player I collect, which I will not purchase, that I see online I will typically save a picture of it just in case I later begin to wonder if it exists. I have no such picture of the aforementioned card.

I will confirm though that I saw a short stack of these very Kerry Collins cards which were never autographed being sold online years ago. I shudder to think that someone would purchase these, forge the signatures and try to sell them online. Watch out for fakes. Were these non-autographed cards extras that were stuck in a vault only to be released later to the public via a dreaded bankruptcy auction? Perhaps maybe instead the company was never able to get Kerry Collins to sign any of these cards in the first place?

Despite all this though I am still inclined to believe at the current time that these cards do exist.
Thank you for sharing your insight. I have the same aprehension concerning fakes in this particular set.

I have seen so many fake Favres over the years...some good, some not so good. I landed the one pictured below awhile back and it still makes me nervous (especially since it is not even the card I was supposed to have received...looooong story). The auto seems to match up with some legit Favre autos I have seen, but is totally different from others. I think I'll ask the community's opinion on this one.

1997 Score Board Playbook Mirror Image Autographs #1 - Brett Favre - Courtesy of COMC.com
Images courtesy of COMC.com
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

(06-20-2014, 01:08 AM)jephthah1 Wrote: Thank you for sharing your insight. I have the same aprehension concerning fakes in this particular set.

I have seen so many fake Favres over the years...some good, some not so good. I landed the one pictured below awhile back and it still makes me nervous (especially since it is not even the card I was supposed to have received...looooong story). The auto seems to match up with some legit Favre autos I have seen, but is totally different from others. I think I'll ask the community's opinion on this one.

1997 Score Board Playbook Mirror Image Autographs #1 - Brett Favre - Courtesy of COMC.com
Images courtesy of COMC.com
Well speak of the devil...
[Image: _572_zps46e53078.jpg]
Some guy is selling 50 of these right now for $50 plus shipping.

This is just great. I am sure I will not be questioning the authenticity of the signature if I see one of these autographed ones listed online in the future - yeah right.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

(07-27-2014, 10:51 PM)nittany13 Wrote: Well speak of the devil...
[Image: _572_zps46e53078.jpg]
Some guy is selling 50 of these right now for $50 plus shipping.

This is just great. I am sure I will not be questioning the authenticity of the signature if I see one of these autographed ones listed online in the future - yeah right.
While I genuinely appreciate that this seller has kept it clean, choosing not to do anything shady, it certainly does not make me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that those are about to be in the hands of "_________". So thanks for the heads up!! By the way, I just checked his other items and he has a pile of unsigned "autograph" cards up right now, including the aforementioned Favre.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

(07-28-2014, 02:25 AM)jephthah1 Wrote: While I genuinely appreciate that this seller has kept it clean, choosing not to do anything shady, it certainly does not make me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that those are about to be in the hands of "_________". So thanks for the heads up!! By the way, I just checked his other items and he has a pile of unsigned "autograph" cards up right now, including the aforementioned Favre.
You bring up a good point. Hopefully my comments did not come across as critical of the seller. At least he is not selling any forgeries here, as you noted, and it's his prerogative to sell these factory replacement (or whatever these would be classified as) cards, however he acquired them.

I will be keeping a watchful eye on this listing to see if anyone bites.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]